• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,086

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
they probably got the desired perks from the retail giants (walmart etc). probably seeking the same from online retailing giants (Amazon etc).

Prolly that's the reason Why they inserted e-commerce clause is when not even 1% of the population uses online buying

righto. i do not think indian online shopping companies have enough clout to get the government to put this restriction 🙂 they probably have other motives.

righto. i do not think indian online shopping companies have enough clout to get the government to put this restriction 🙂

they probably have other motives.

Because Amazon do not lobing in india.

One more interesting thing is that Foreign investors are currently allowed to invest in Indian portals like Flipkart, Shopclues. In fact the same angel investors had invested the money in letsbuy & flipkart and later forced the merger.So it could be the same investors are lobbying not to allow Amazon etc which will nullify the thousands of crores invested in the startup of these portals

This stupid condition is there because the center has given each individual state the choice whether to allow or not FDI in retail in their state.It's not going to stand legal scrutiny though and will be stuck down if taken to court.Now imagine if UP does not allow FDI in retail but Maharashtra does and then someone sitting in UP starts ordering online from Wallmart Store in Maharashtra!

its a good decision ....the sector is still not mature....foreign companies will just come and buy out our Flipkart's and Snapdeals. Would rather like to see them grow so big in a decade or so that they can buy up Amazon...:star: