Got Static IP, But having intermittent packet loss to Gateway.

• Thread starter Thread starter deltaechov
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 7,423
ISP
Airtel, BSNL, Tata FIber
I got static IP recently, Airtel guy also changed the ONT from sercom to dragonpath since I need the ONT to function in bridge mode. Yet still facing packet loss to airtel gateway. PPPOE connection works perfectly fine.

Here how the setup looks like:
ONT in bridge mode
Static IP configured in PFsense

Does anybody have any idea what can be done to resolve packet loss?

Confirmed from the airtel guy that the entire city is facing a similar issue who have static IP, however, as per him restarting ONT resolves the issue. But not for me at least.

I had opted for static IP last year. Started facing similar issue of 4-5% packet drops to all destinations.
Tried support but they were not able to help and thus cancelled static IP

offtopic, I also have static IP with dragon path ont, but whenever I try to put the ont in bridge mode and use my router, the connection breaks every 18-22 minutes. How did you manage to do?

offtopic, I also have static IP with dragon path ont, but whenever I try to put the ont in bridge mode and use my router, the connection breaks every 18-22 minutes. How did you manage to do?
What do you mean by connection break? Is it link failure or packet drop?

If Packet drop then need to find some solution even I am facing the same issue.

I meant internet stops working after 22 minutes.

@nishantt6969
For bridge mode, you'll have to put vlanid as well and no need of enabling qos to be checked. Once you have it set in bridge configure static IP in your router.

The only issue I am facing is intermittent packet drops.

Here first screenshot you shared of bridge mode. you have to put in vlan id = 100, uncheck QOS (not needed in bridge mode). Then go to your router i.e. where you want static IP to be configured. There you can select static IP (instead of dhcp/pppoe) fill in the details you have done in none bridge mode. Just remember to remove the IPOE configuration from ONT.

@deltaechov I have done whatever you said, internet is working on my personal router and I have replaced Ipoe profile from ONT with old pppoe connection details. But internet stops working after 20-22 minutes.