Got new Router [ ASUS RT-N13U rev.B1]

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 38,895
2600/- including shipping seems to be nice deal.
Its bit tough to know which model, the packet is same, the version number will be written in the tiny barcode strip along with serial number

but on the benefit of doubt, possibilities of rev.B1 is much higher. And my dealer has told me, only B1 is only on market as the previous version V2 was there for very less time in India.
the First model (v1) released on end of 2009, but avilable in India form available October 2010 as V2, and Rev B1 is avilable for last 3-4 month.

on safer side ask the ebay seller about the version number.

Hi Netant,

I actually searched on the eBay and the Rev.B1 is available for 5k. The other N13U available on eBay for 3-4k don't mention the Ver.
I have asked the eBay seller about ver. lets see.
For how much you bought your one?

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks,
Datta

2600/- including shipping seems to be nice deal.
Its bit tough to know which model, the packet is same, the version number will be written in the tiny barcode strip along with serial number

but on the benefit of doubt, possibilities of rev.B1 is much higher. And my dealer has told me, only B1 is only on market as the previous version V2 was there for very less time in India.
the First model (v1) released on end of 2009, but avilable in India form available October 2010 as V2, and Rev B1 is avilable for last 3-4 month.

on safer side ask the ebay seller about the version number.

Hi Netant,

I actually searched on the eBay and the Rev.B1 is available for 5k. The other N13U available on eBay for 3-4k don't mention the Ver.

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks,
Datta

the Rev.B1 is available for 5k. ..........

got the ver B1 in 2800/-, why don't you go and buy from local retailers
here are the list of dealers Asus Dealers in Pune

Anyone has info about Beam's router? Heard it is for 2k.
no idea.

----------

Hi Netant,

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks,
Datta
don't know which keyword you are using but, i found one at approx Rs.2949/- Asus RT-N13U 3G / DSL Wireless N Router Print Server | eBay

I'm thinking of buying this Asus router.

My only query: Will it be able to download using HTTP (8 or more connections @ single server)? No authentication - just direct HTTP downloads off a server. 😕

i thought this restriction is controlled by the server and not the client.

Teh server supports multiple simultaneous connections.

Guys, I think I'll go for the Asus RT-N13U B1 and flash DD-WRT on it.

Also,
For torrent downloading: Transmission
For HTTP downloading: ?? - What app is included (or what app can I install) with DD-WRT for HTTP downloading?

Someone plz help this router n00b. 🙁

I'm also looking for a 500 off on min. 2000 ebay.in promo code...

iChaitanya please check with ddwrt if the torrent downloading option works after flashing with dd-wrt coz I flashed a Belkin router with ddwrt it works great but it has dual Wifi network functionality could add guest network with the original Belkin firmware but with ddwrt there is no option for the guest network..... so check with ddwrt community before flashing.

I'm also looking for a 500 off on min. 2000 ebay.in promo code. If you have one, PM me! I'll gift you a DT invite. 🙂

There was an EbayDeal for that router which ended the day before yesterday. Special price : 1650 I think (but below 1700 for sure) - you missed it.

Update: An eBay email just landed on my inbox. It's not 500 off 2000, but its 5% off. If you want it, PM me.

I'm also looking for a 500 off on min. 2000 ebay.in promo code. If you have one, PM me! I'll gift you a DT invite. 🙂
ebay coupons work only for the account they send the coupon.... i tried coupons from my friend it will fail
dont trade invites 😛 against rules.

iChaitanya please check with ddwrt if the torrent downloading option works after flashing with dd-wrt coz I flashed a Belkin router with ddwrt it works great but it has dual Wifi network functionality could add guest network with the original Belkin firmware but with ddwrt there is no option for the guest network..... so check with ddwrt community before flashing.
Yes, torrent downloading works well. Verified that.

So, I bought the Asus RT-N13U B1 (import date: June 2011). I got a British power adapter along with it. :anger3:

What type of power adapter did you guys get? British or Indian?

This is what I got:

I called Rashi and they advised me to use a power adapter converter. I'll go and buy a converter now. 😕

Yes, torrent downloading works well. Verified that.

factoryfirmware or dd-wrt, if you know a way to put rtorrent as a default torrent client let me know.

So, I bought the Asus RT-N13U B1 (import date: June 2011). I got a British power adapter along with it. :anger3:
What type of power adapter did you guys get? British or Indian?
where did you bought it ? did you get it imported from international dealer ?
I bought from ASUS dealer (Hyderabad), it has Indian version of adapter.

I called Rashi and they advised me to use a power adapter converter. I'll go and buy a converter now. 😕
yes, now a days all power spike-busters are built in converter socket.
else you can get one of these in as less as Rs.20/-

where did you bought it ? did you get it imported from international dealer ?
I bought from Asus dealer (Hyderabad), it has Indian version of adapter.
Naa, I bought it from eBay.in from a seller based in Bangalore. It's imported in India by Rashi in June 2011. Pack piece.
Got a nice deal on eBay.in so bought it from there instead of buying locally. Saved almost 500 INR!

yes, now a days all power spike-busters are built in converter socket.
else you can get one of these in as less as Rs.20/-

Ya, well I don't have a spike buster so I'll have to buy that converter. Will head out for a search tomorrow.

Naa, I bought it from eBay.in from a seller based in Bangalore. It's imported in India by Rashi in June 2011. Pack piece.
Got a nice deal on eBay.in so bought it from there instead of buying locally. Saved almost 500 INR!
cool 🙂 mine is imported by Rashi in March 2011.
You saved 500/- na that why u don't have the converter include with it 😛

cool 🙂 mine is imported by Rashi in March 2011.
You saved 500/- na that why u don't have the converter include with it 😛

Ya, I'll get it tomorrow. 😛

Firsty, I was like WTF after looking at the bundled power adapter. 😱

I'll report back after flashing DD-WRT + Transmission & aria2 (for HTTP downloads)... 😀

Ya, I'll get it tomorrow. 😛
Firsty, I was like WTF after looking at the bundled power adapter. 😱
I'll report back after flashing DD-WRT + Transmission & aria2 (for HTTP downloads)... 😀
try rtorrent, heard the the web interface better then transmission.
please make a tutorial too 🙂 if successful i will follow 🙂