Got new Router [ ASUS RT-N13U rev.B1]

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 38,887
Congrats bro 😀 😀 pic.?
Updated old post 🙂

----------

Yeah @netant just use a black tape why do you want to open it......... @sixfeetdown I do not know any good budget models of Wifi router by Netgear know one kickass model by netgear but that is around 7K.
Black tape wont look good, i want to put a translucent thing between the LED & the front panel so that it will glow lightly & wont pretend of being a nightlamp 🙂

bTW it can download torrents even when PC is off.?! but storage..?! :O

I'm thinking of buying this Asus router.My only query: Will it be able to download using HTTP (8 or more connections @ single server)? No authentication - just direct HTTP downloads off a server. 😕

Bought the B1 rev. 2 months ago but it stopped working in 1 month (wan port specifically). Will get my RMA'd piece tomorrow.

I was annoyed by the range but didnt update the firmware. Will test to see if it actually helped.

Do you get the high gain antennaes for the TP-Link model? It looks like a decent piece of hardware. Availability may be an issue here though.

I think he meant using it downloads which dont require authentication. In that case Asus says it can.

24/7 Non-Stop BT Download:HTTP, FTP, BT (BitTorrent) download protocols can be download automatically from the internet. You can keep downloading even when PC is off.

Bought the B1 rev. 2 months ago but it stopped working in 1 month (wan port specifically). Will get my RMA'd piece tomorrow.

I was annoyed by the range but didnt update the firmware. Will test to see if it actually helped.

The firmware that came with the Router was so buggy I can't even image how Asus allowed that to go in the production model..... I am surprised that you could use it so long with the default firmware it was so unstable......... but the updated new firmware is pretty stable my cousin is been now using for around 3 weeks no problems or range issues.

BTW anyone tried dd-wrt on this model of the router, if so other functions like 3G and bit-torrent client are they working with dd-wrt......... I too am very impressed with this ASUS router its currently the best bang for the buck if you take into consideration that it supports 3G datacards and that torrent download client.

I was annoyed by the range but didn't update the firmware. Will test to see if it actually helped.
\
upgrading to the new firmware v2.0.2.0 will definitely give good signals in distance area. old version was not able to handle 20/40mhz shifting.
In the latest version also any optimization for wired connection is being ignored. so expect a new firmware soon. i doubt if Asus has any good developer with them.
on other hand the Hardware is rock solid. Check if your model support dd-wrt.

----------

BTW anyone tried dd-wrt on this model of the router
not dd-wrt is not yet supported in rev.B1 as it has double the ROM size compared to plain RT-N13U.
with dd-wrt download master will not work, but they are working on it. expect that soon. 3g date cards are working.

Hi Friends,

Can any one pls help me with price for Asus N13U? Has any one used with Tata Indicom Broadband? If yes, reviews pls.

Thanks,
Datta

----------

Hi Friends,

Whats the diff betn N13U and RT-N13U (VER.B1) ? Which one is available in India and price?

Datta

Hi Friends,

Can any one pls help me with price for Asus N13U?
2800/-

Whats the diff betn N13U and RT-N13U (VER.B1) ? Which one is available in India and price?

Ver. B1 has double the memory and support for 3G data card.
you wont find old model in market, unless anyone has old stock
Ver.B1 can be found in any ASUS dealer very easily.

2800/-

Ver. B1 has double the memory and support for 3G data card.
you wont find old model in market, unless anyone has old stock
Ver.B1 can be found in any Asus dealer very easily.

Hi Netstar thnx for your reply
I am planning to buy from eBay, as I have 500 disc coupon I am getting around 2600 after discount.
How I will come know that the seller is selling Ver.B1 and not the old one?

Thanks,
Datta

Hi Netstar Netant thnx for your reply
I am planning to buy from eBay, as I have 500 disc coupon I am getting around 2600 after discount.
How I will come know that the seller is selling Ver.B1 and not the old one?

Thanks,
Datta
2600/- including shipping seems to be nice deal.
Its bit tough to know which model, the packet is same, the version number will be written in the tiny barcode strip along with serial number

but on the benefit of doubt, possibilities of rev.B1 is much higher. And my dealer has told me, only B1 is only on market as the previous version V2 was there for very less time in India.
the First model (v1) released on end of 2009, but avilable in India form available October 2010 as V2, and Rev B1 is avilable for last 3-4 month.

on safer side ask the ebay seller about the version number.

Guys, this router now supports DD-WRT Firmware. Has anyone checked it yet?
Here's a tutorial :
Asus RT-N13U B1 now supports dd-wrt

I'm also thinking on getting this router and use it in dual wan mode. Any guides anywhere? (via dd-wrt)

[P.S] not sure If I can post links to other forums. @Mod, please delete the link if its against the rules. Thanks.

Guys, this router now supports DD-WRT Firmware. Has anyone checked it yet?
Here's a tutorial :
Asus RT-N13U B1 now supports dd-wrt

I'm also thinking on getting this router and use it in dual wan mode. Any guides anywhere? (via dd-wrt)

[P.S] not sure If I can post links to other forums. @Mod, please delete the link if its against the rules. Thanks.
hey thanks abidh for the info, 1st post updated

2600/- including shipping seems to be nice deal.
Its bit tough to know which model, the packet is same, the version number will be written in the tiny barcode strip along with serial number

but on the benefit of doubt, possibilities of rev.B1 is much higher. And my dealer has told me, only B1 is only on market as the previous version V2 was there for very less time in India.
the First model (v1) released on end of 2009, but avilable in India form available October 2010 as V2, and Rev B1 is avilable for last 3-4 month.

on safer side ask the ebay seller about the version number.

Hi Netant,

I actually searched on the eBay and the Rev.B1 is available for 5k. The other N13U available on eBay for 3-4k don't mention the Ver.
I have asked the eBay seller about ver. lets see.
For how much you bought your one?

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks,
Datta