Got new Router [ ASUS RT-N13U rev.B1]

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 38,902
Heh. The problem was with my beetel modem. I updated its firmware and now everything is back to being awesome 😀

Thanks for the info. Can someone suggest a place to buy it from Hyderabad?

Thanks for the info. Can someone suggest a place to buy it from Hyderabad?

Go to CTC near paradise. You will get almost anything computer and consoles related there.

Yes, torrent downloading works well. Verified that.

So, I bought the Asus RT-N13U B1 (import date: June 2011). I got a British power adapter along with it. :anger3:

What type of power adapter did you guys get? British or Indian?

This is what I got:

I called Rashi and they advised me to use a power adapter converter. I'll go and buy a converter now. 😕

Hi @iChaitanya ,
I am planning to get the ASUS RT-N13U B1 and use it with my reliance broadband wired in Pune. Since you too are in Pune do you have any idea about compatibility issues between wifi routers and reliance broadband? I have been using the Netgear router wgr614 since the last 3 years but off late the connection has become very unstable . do you suggest the ASUS RT-N13U B1 with reliance broadband ?

Regards,
Kaustav

do you suggest the Asus RT-N13U B1 with reliance broadband?
Yes, I'm using the same with Reliance broadband. It works. But, if you're not going to install DD-WRT on it, then I suggest you opt for a cheaper model from TP-Link or the likes. 🙂

Btw, are you experiencing any packet loss/slow speed issues in Pune? What's your RCOM tariff plan?

This has to be one the best dd-wrtable routers.
Installing dd-wrt on this router solved my problem of multicast packets (which is how many Apple devices talk to each other - AirPrint, Airplay etc). Multicast packets weren't working at all with the stock firmware.