Got Compensation from Airtel DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter clanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,929

clanx

ISP
BSNL Home 500 Combo
Hey Guyz, From 10th morning, I was getting No signal in My ADTV. Fortunately, I went out of station after registering complaint. Engineers called me on 11th,12th and 13th. I returned on 13th night and when I switched on I got the signal back.On 14th morning again one engineer called me and asked about the issue. I said it was working good. Then on the same evening, I called up CC and registered a complaint for compensation.Actually, I started the call by praising them and informed them my issue was resolved(Gave the SR no), the person on the other end was about to close the case, but i lodged another complaint regarding compensation. The person put me on hold for 2 minutes and said the amount for 4 days will be credited by tomorrow and there will be no SR created for this.It happened not on the next day but on the following day. Rs 40 was credited back. What made me ask for compensation was, if they charge us daily, why should I pay if there was no service provided?The same question I asked them and I got my Rs 40 back..This is my first compensation from Airtel.. .I do understand Rs 40 is not a big amount for many of you guyz. But I got my Money back..I really feel happy about this.But I agree the fact that some of the CC agents are really Dumb A**.. I need to repeat them 2 or 3 times, then only they seems to understand at least 50% of my problem..Any of you guys have the same experience or something like this, please feel free to share it..NOTE: It seems there is a lot of activity in other DTH posts, except this. I accept ADTV has still to go long way. However, we need to be happy with what we got, common guyz lets show some activity with ADTV posts

I guess there isn't many problems that we face and hence lesser number of posts... :wewin:Anyways, good to hear you got your money back.. Similar thing happened to me for my Airtel Broadband connection. Had an outage of about 10 hours for which I was compensated 2 days of my monthly rental amount. Also, have an Airtel Postpaid connection in which I get compensated for dropped calls under the section Service Guarantee.. Am not sure if other players have too..:urock::urock:

That's great. It took me 3 weeks to get compensation from Tata Sky for a faulty set top box, and I had to really shout at them quite a few times.

Thanks for your reply guyz,On some searching, i figured out the reason behind their refundsAccording to TRAI's The Direct to Home Broadcasting Services (Standards of Quality of Services and Redressal of Grievances) Regulations, 2007 Act90% of complaints regarding non-receipt of signals to be redressed within 24 hrs., and 90% of other type of complaints to be redressed within 48 hrs. No complaint to remain pending beyond 5 days. All billing complaints to be redressed within 7 daysAnd this is the reason they have provided the refund..According to Airtel's website in Manual PracticeAt least ninety per cent of complaints concerning non-receipt of all signals by the Customer save and except due to disturbances of weather or natural calamities, will be redressed and we will restore the signals within a period of twenty-four hours of the receipt of complaint.If I were in US I could have sued them for this :iomg:..(Just Kidding :wewin🙂

Can anyone tell me from when in 2009 Economy Pack has been changed to New Economy Pack?This is beacuse, I took economy pack in January 2009, at that time ESPN, Star Sports and few regional channels were not included in the Economy Pack. So, I took top up for ESPN and East Plus top Up. Latter on Airtel DIgital TV changed the pack included all those channels but never informed me. They keep on charging me for both Economy as well as those two top ups. In December 2009, when I asked to discontinue with ESPN top-up I realised the mess.how can I get the refund of the double charging for all those months?

If concerned Nodal Officer is not able to resolve the issue, where can I approach ( for Airtel Digital TV issues)Is there any Appellate Authoruty?Can I approach TRAI? How? ( bcaz the issue is of serious nature)

I have tried customer care and Nodal Officer lever, but thet have failed to resolve the issue. I have sent many mails to both of them. But they have failed to resolve or understand the issue at all. Though the monetary value of the mistake they commited is not much but if considered for all such cases for customer like me, it is a huge mistake.There is a mistake committed by Airtel Digital TV in my account. Let me expain how it happend.I subscribed to Economy Pack in January 2009. At that time there were few regional channels which were not available in the Economy Pack but were under separate top up called "East Plus" top up. So, I subcribed to East Plus top up also.Meanwhile they included all those regional channels ( which were available under East Plus Top ) even within Economy Pack. But they did not inform me about that and continued to deduct me for both Economy Pack and East Plus Top Up.Not only that, In order to hide the fact, when I realised the same in November 2009 and asked for last 6 months billing details, they refused to provide the same. In fact the Self Care segment of web site which should have given the last 6 months billing details, they have removed the same. When I pointed out the mistake/ over charging done in my account they simply refused to selove the same. I asked for refund of money of those months. They deleted all the billing data of my last 6 months billilg details and refused to give any information. I have tried all I can do by approaching at the Nodal Officer level, but nor response, attitude is like " do what ever you can do, no one above me to listen to you" Can anyone give me email id of some senior management in this regard. I have tried contacting over phone also but no one pick up it. I will fax them in details as well. lets hope best.Thanks