• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 16,341

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
A 6 ton satellite called Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) is all set to hit earth.

Abt 5.5 ton will burn in atmosphere BUT BUT BUT 1200 pounds will still remain and HIT the earth!

There will be 26 pieces which means satellite will hit 26 places on earth in range of abt 800 km

NASA says it does not know where it will land! So DO NOT SLEEP tonight, it might hit you!!

Orbital debris scientists say the pieces will fall somewhere between 57 north latitude and 57 south latitude, which covers most of the populated world.

Chances are 1 in 3200 that it will hit a human!! The odds that the human will be you is 1-in-21 trillion 😀

However NASA has said it wont land in USA.. so thats great, NASA indirectly says now its not their responsibility!!
6-ton satellite unlikely to fall on North America

You can see some current videos / pics of satellite here: (taken when satellite was just 316km far!)
Thierry Legault - UARS before reentry

Here is direct link to video (AVI file ~ 1min): http://sites.estvideo.net/ercs.electro/ManuAstro/UARS/uars_110915.avi

You can clearly see tumbling of the satellite

Other News:
NASA refines satellite crash course, a bit - The Economic Times

Bus sized tumbling satellite to hit earth - Hindustan Times

I wish that this falls on one of the terrorist training camps in Pakistan and hundreds of terrorists die.

i wish alien come and take away all the pakis for experiments ... The world cant take their load anymore.

Hehe, why are you guys spoling my thread by talking abt terrorists!

Hehe, why are you guys spoling my thread by talking abt terrorists!

Sorry about that, but that is what most Indians will wish for.

----------

i wish alien come and take away all the pakis for experiments ... The world cant take their load anymore.

Looking at the way Americans are treating Pakistan off late, aliens will not be required.

I just came down from terrace. It just passed above my head. Bright and running fast. By now it has already reached Russia!The final view of satellite which might fall ON YOUR HEAD tonight 😀

Well if a bull is running towards u and u r awake, what wud u do?

^^You expect people to look at the sky all night?!

Well you wud do that if u knew u can save YOUR own life, wont you, if u really felt the threat!

As of 9:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 110 mi by 115 mi (175 km by 185 km). Re-entry is possible sometime during the afternoon or early evening of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 hours.so no need to be afraid, all losses (if any) will be compensated.also it'll be bright like a meteor, you'll see it well before it falls.

How will loss of life be compensated?!!STAY AWAKE 😀