• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 849

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
We access our Google account from so many devices that we our self forget on how many devices our account is still connected and perhaps we don't use that device anymore. To make this problem easy for you, Google has come up with its new security dashboard which will help you keep better control over the devices that can access your account.

"Devices and Activity dashboard"

Source

to the best of my knowledge, this has existed for a few years now. google just made it fancier with device images recently.

i think most devices now have wiping capability enabled by default. earlier it needed to be manually enabled.
in any case, this particular feature is useless in india coz most people do not have active data on their phone.
google needs to solidify it with ability to wipeout the device using sms commands and so on.

apps like Cerberus has SMS wipe facility, Its a APP which every android user should buy, I got from the link you posted on some
of their anniversary offer.
I was so stupid I never digged it was valid for 5 devices and was not having it on my Stolen Micromax unite 2.
and best part is, it has a disguised version which runs in baground not easily detectable to basic android user and stays active even after a FULL RESET has been done to the phone.

In my case, Google Android Device Manager and Dr.Safety from trend micro was able to track its last location 15 days after getting stolen
which was 600 kms away from my city. :-(
but I had sent Complete WIPE command earlier and Device never came back online again, as dr.safety may have wiped login info too.
But in both These Device Managers, a simple notification stays missing, that they located and wiped my device at "Location" with other "Details" which could have possibly assisted in further surveillance of the device.