Google Web Accelerator - Designed for Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,144
will try this!!

its not that great. But beware, sometimes you see old versions of the pages and sometimes your private data is compromised!

it benefits if you are in USA. and from what i know, the service was so overwhelmed that they stopped its development.

it may be risky or misleading in ebay sites or auction sites!i have put those sites in preferences where this will not do anything mischievous if it goes still bad...i will uninstall it!

as i said. worthless for indian users. it works in USA where u are nearer to google's servers. so u can access sites which google caches faster than perhaps your own ISP could fetch you.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 21 2005, 04:58 PM
as i said. worthless for indian users. it works in USA where u are nearer to google's servers. so u can access sites which google caches faster than perhaps your own ISP could fetch you.
[snapback]32809[/snapback]
[/quote]

pretty much unless your peering takes you close to the google servers india it serves no purpose plus i would be careful with it around bank sites. You dont want the wrong things getting archived now do u ?

actually it wont archive https sites. same ways as its desktop search in default settings.

The funniest part is that the last time I tried it, it was trying to cache dynamic pages! Some of the forums had weird problems ....