Google Services: Gmail, YouTube and Google Search

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,028
  • Views Views 204,353
if the problem does not happen in the stable/beta/dev build, it is probably a messed up canary build.

yup. the difference is that they are doing it on the mobile interface and not the app. i guess this feature could be added to the app too. it is not yet available on android. they might not bring it to android because not all android devices have large touchscreens that are required for this functionality.

Ok ! That's sad to hear about the non-availability of this feature in android.But I am sure they'll figure a way out to get this feature on android.I like this feature on twitter app (I don't use it much though !)

i dislike this feature. twitter has not got it right on the android platform. swiping takes a lot more effort and i end up using an alternative client. in fact i believe twitter.com works better than the official twitter app on android these days. the new mobile app is fantastic.

Well, haven't use the twitter app much so can't tell about the drawbacks.But this feature definitely saves a lot of clicks, if ,implemented properly.

And regarding the slowness of twitter app, I guess. . apps for social networking haven't been a great success.Facebook app sucks too. . .damn slow.Web interface works way better.Luckily there are alternative twitter clients, and that too good ones.

also... it takes a lot of screen space...

----------

yeap. facebook works great through the mobile web interface too. not good for sharing through but works great for checking out the latest updates. and even check-in works from the website!