Google Services: Gmail, YouTube and Google Search

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,028
  • Views Views 204,389
No, am not. I just saw it in my inbox today. And someone else tweeted about it. Bleh!!

Does not make overall difference..but I prefer previous one.. because I mostly see title/snippet/url in that order.

Google is getting desperate, as they realise they are really late into this game and might have missed out on a lot of opportunities

hehe. TechCrunch is having fun with posts like these which are clearly designed to go viral... How Facebook Can Put Google Out of Business

the fact remains... social search is not really that awesome if we look at the big picture. it is helpful in some cases like recommendations for movies and travel. but in majority of the cases, i would not give a damn what my friend likes to read online. (here is my criticism of the google +1 button. heh).

Actually... forget abt social search.But if facebook can make their search as powerful as Google... then nobody wud bother to go to Google. Many people stay on facebook for long hrs. They switch to google for search. But if facebook search gets better.. people will come out of google.

facebook has shown no interest in going after the deep web. they already have bing integrated in their search service. google has won the search war. there is no doubt about it. the speed with which they index the web and make the data available on their engine is simply fantastic... the question most analysts are asking today is would social search become bigger than generic search? would we see a generation that has no use for searching the old web and would be happy with a closed network of sites that is social and interconnected in nature. 😀