Google Public DNS-over-TLS (dns.google)

• Thread starter Thread starter m_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 12,288
What is love?Baby don't hurt me,Don't hurt me,No more. lol 😛

just start your services already 🙂

Heh, was gonna post the same thing 😛

Yeah. Direct from Honesty to Google Mountain View.

In 2ms? I don't think so. More like from us to Google at Prabhadevi via Honesty.

In 2ms? I don't think so. More like from us to Google at Prabhadevi via Honesty.

From your result, it seems that Honesty network is fast enough. Might be optical fiber or cat 6. Even data takes time to travel onload through VSNL network.

From your result, it seems that Honesty network is fast enough. Might be optical fiber or cat 6. Even data takes time to travel onload through VSNL network.

It's very probable that from Hyderabad you are hitting the same servers in Mumbai that I am, just, I'm geographically closer, ergo, better results. If Google ever put servers in Hyderabad, you'd probably get the same kind of results that I am getting here.

All things said and done, Honesty's network is great - one of the tidiest DCs I've been in - and Ripunjay is a wizard. That's why the synergy is there and one of the reasons Ripunjay is involved with us in the first place. The main problem with Honesty - like many ISPs - is the mentality of the upper management that 512k or 1mbit is good enough.

The main problem with Honesty - like many ISPs - is the mentality of the upper management that 512k or 1mbit is good enough.

Yeah. That is the problem with Indian ISPs. They love to create boundaries of 512 to 1024 kbps even some region ISPs are still providing 256.

Speed sucks.

Whole world is moving towards fiber and Indian is going towards Wireless solution.
I was just checking At&t U-verse product. It is on boom nowaday. Every user is replacing broadband with U-verse(known as IPtv at here).

Tracing route to 8.8.8.8 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms ***.***.***.***
2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms ***.***.***.***
3 12 ms 9 ms 8 ms ***.***.***.***
4 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms ***.***.***.***
5 9 ms 9 ms 11 ms ***.***.***.***
6 11 ms 11 ms 12 ms 111.93.65.1
7 18 ms 16 ms 35 ms 192.168.237.205
8 19 ms 16 ms 17 ms 72.14.222.166
9 17 ms 22 ms 17 ms 72.14.232.99
10 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms 8.8.8.8

Trace complete.
private network IPs are replaced with ***.***.***.***.

Guys unbelievable performance from google. My DNS is already set to Google Public DNS.

Less ping time to Mumbai server powered by Speedtest.net
(Speed tested around 9 PM 30/03/2012)

Tikona has managed to get less ping time to 8.8.8.8 from around 30-35ms to 15-20ms.

I still get high ping time with some reply under below snap shop. It's because of unstable connectivity.

it sometimes get too painful to use for me so i end up switching between it and opendns. at any given point of time i have no idea what i am using.

Only Today you getting 80ms or all time same pingsI am getting ~80ms pings on MTNL.