Google Play Updates

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Well, I got it on my MotoDefy+ today morning. When I tapped 'Market' it showed me a message stating that 'Android Market' has been upgraded to 'Google Play'. The Market icon went missing and I got a new icon called 'Play Shop'.

Sushubh

Administrator
right. i am yet to get the market update. i did get the message inside the existing market app like jaymin before.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
I got it when I opened Market today. I guess ICS folks (with a Nexus ROM :p ) get priority

Samuel

Amazing Member
I got the same notification twice. A Google play banner in the market also. But, Nothing happens after clicking it.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Ok i got it a few minutes after i edited my post in the morning, but i didnt get time to post it here. I now have the Play Shop as well!

s.ricky

regulars
mine market was upgraded at around 2 am :p OT: yes ICS is getting high priority so dats y it got upgraded on my optimus one running ICS hehe :D

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Even i m on ICS, Sushubh is on ICS as well. And a few others too if i am not wrong, are on ICS using their model specific ROMs.

----------

Btw, any idea when Google Music will be officially available in India?

x720

Incoherent Poster
Apparently, once it asks you to accept the Google Play terms and conditions, market updates silently in the background and the play store is launched

Sushubh

Administrator
who the hell cares. it is just a renamed app. nothing more. the new features are all specific to the US market.

----------

as for google music launching in india? you can forget about it for a long time.

google still does not have warner music in their catalog in the US market.

apple has not considered india important enough to launch itunes here.

we do not have spotify or rdio or pandora or rhapsody here.

india is not really a priority. and i think the reason why flipkart is not publishing PR about resounding success of their Flyte store is because it has not been much of a success.