Google Play Store Updates

Manu said:
That requirement is only for Indian payment gateways, not for international ones and therefore, a lot of debit card providers block payments on these gateways which is probably what happened in your case. Most public sector bank debit cards won't work internationally.
Any jugaad?

kkapoorr said:
Can you try adding a card to your account manually via the Wallet webpage?
Didn't work! 🙁

^ Even I had no luck with Debit cards in google play. Tried buying humble bundle a couple of weeks ago using corporation debit card and HDFC debit card but both cards didn't get processed by google play. kind of frustrating ..I had a couple of apps to buy in mind but I couldn't since play rejected both my cards.

I am located near Kolkata. My plan is ULD 800, and for past one week I am getting one third of my speed when downloading/updating from Google Play Store. I usually get 220-225 KB/s when I am within limit, and used to get the same in Play Store too, but it is averaging at 70-80 KB/s now! And it's only in Play Store! I can download anything else at full speed, which is even weirder!
I have tried clearing cache/data and all the stuffs I know on my phone, usually that is not the problem. And tried changing DNS to Open DNS (I generally use Google's) and also loathing BSNL's own, nothing. I am just wondering whose problem is this, BSNL's or Google's? Anyone facing this issue?
Saurav.
PS: I even recorded a small video of this damn issue!

Last edited:
This is supposed to be a trick that lets you add debit cards to Google Wallet.

But they worked already?
Also, I always assumed that online payment gateways asked for our address to verify connectivity with the card being used. This 'hack' suggests that you can use any address and it does not matter?

xerxes said:
I bought N4 from play store. I used an Indian CC with a farji address. Things went smooth that time.
The talk is for "debit cards" most CC works with play stores.
Also, I have used my PNB Debit Card with mp4nation, seedunlimited.com too, they are international payments right? payment went smoothly. Wonder why not with google play 🙁

Something changed when Google started showing the prices in rupees instead of dollars. Atleast the Indian Debit card VCCs used to work with Play store back then. I remember some tweet where some bank's CC mentioned that due to this change only, their debit card stopped working.
Btw can anyone confirm that for debit cards which work with the play store, do you get prompted for the security code?