Google Play Music (RIP)

that is a free feature. i have more than 25000 songs on google play music. 24900 songs that i never listen.

fuckers changed the featureset. cheating. 😡

podcasts are weird because i had access to them when i got access to free radio few weeks ago.

It seems like a beta launch.. I'm seeing songs for other languages despite changing the recommendations.
Also do they not have pre-created playlists like Spotify does? Like for specfic genres like Indie, Rock, etc

they do have automated playlists but somehow they have hidden the english language ones here. recommended playlists change according to time and your location.

9WILrkP.png

this is what it shows at my end. it's a pretty fucked up situation. the version i got access to few weeks ago was much better.

These fuckers don't understand that the only people who will pay for the service are more interested in western content than the regional one. Like I am going to pay them 89rs for suggesting me top 10 punjabi songs.

i would suggest that to get a jumpstart... search a few of your favorite artists and play their radios. use the thumbs up and down button to mark your preference on individual songs.

can anyone get me the link for the humma song from bombay? i cannot seem to find it.

TyrSgUZ.png

Since 7th April GPM has started subscription service with 30 day free trial period. I tried with my Chromecast Audio. Quality of Music at lower frequencies are much poorer than say Tunein or Spotify. Overall quality almost same as others like Saavn. But their search engine is good. Waiting for Spotify to hear quality Music. I don't know if their bit rate is really 320 kbps as advertised. Disappointed as a Musician especially hearing Western Classical Orchestra which sounds far richer in Tunein or Spotify.

Last edited:
Something is seriously wrong with Google Play Music or with my phone with respect to Music players.
2-3 days back, on my Moto Z Play, suddenly most of my song stored on external songs were not displayed. I was not sure what went wrong. I had installed few apps like NetVelocity and some other app related to Network speed monitoring. After I found that songs not displaying in Play music, I checked in Settings > Storage. It displayed all folders. So I downloaded 2 different Music Players from Play Store. But... those 2 Music Players were also displaying only those songs which were earlier displayed by Play Music. I then connected phone to PC. But on PC as well most folders on Songs were not displayed.
Finally I factory reset phone, and almost after 12 hours got all my apps back installed. But today again Play Music is not displaying some songs. It was surely displaying all song last evenning.
Last time and this time as well, only MX Player is displaying and Playing all songs after Audio play mode is enabled.