Google Orkut Social Network Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter pushkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 62,528
@Jaymin exceptions are always der 🙂

i personally prefer facebook/twitter/G+ over forums or message boards.i really like the merging of my RL and the interwebz life.imo, thats where we are heading anyway with smartphones and social networking apps like fb, twitter and 4square.excited about being able to make calls by just thinking of it.

But on these Social networking sites, u generally dont get ur tech or such other issues troubleshooted. Not necessarily u will have contacts who are knowledgeable enuf. Even if u have such contacts, its still not sure if they wud respond to ur queries. Whereas on dedicated forums like these, u r sure that ur questions will be answered.

Oh, missed that 😕Orkut, is literally a graveyard, not even sure, why I am not deleting the account there.

Google I believe still has not announced the demise of Orkut as a spring cleaning initiative. iGoogle joined that list today.

Well, I think they will push users to merge with Google+ accounts, and once they are satisfied that a lot of users(majority) have migrated/merged to Google+, its then they would close. Closing at this point would probably mean loosing out users to competition.

Google Plus to get historical moments through Google+ History API

google+ history api could be used to merge orkut with google plus. but then it is unknown why people are still sticking around with orkut.

google plus of course has no alternative for orkut groups (whatever they are called). similar to how there is no alternative to facebook groups.

maybe they are waiting for a group functionality to release for G+ before they can finally shut down orkut?