Google Orkut Social Network Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter pushkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 62,543
dont worry now that all orkutiyas are on facebook, it is TURNING INTO another orkut.

dont worry now that all orkutiyas are on facebook, it is TURNING INTO another orkut.

very true .... so many invitation for games and bla bla .. am not much into games and apps .. but its good to keep in touch with friends

i have pretty much converted by own facebook account into a FB only profile. nothing personal on that. just used for facebook related services and features. it is tough to deal with web services without an active facebook account. has become a popular and easy way to connect to services without creating yet another account with a username and password with verification.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

i actually wish that some of the orkut communities can migrate to this forum. 😀

i even offered to set up a brand new forum dedicated to cricket if one can try to shift a large community from orkut to the forum. 😀

i even offered to set up a brand new forum dedicated to cricket if one can try to shift a large community from orkut to the forum. 😀

i always prefer forums over facebook and orkut .. as this way we can share lot of things and we can find like minded people to discuss the issues

and i have to say another fact over here. facebook and twitter are killing forums. all over the web. people no longer search for forums looking for a solution to their problems. they would post it on twitter/facebook and a lot of them would get a response from a friend/relative/collegue/random online stranger. basically, facebook is killing up my business model. and all these Q&A services like Quora/Facebook Answers/Aardvark are not helping at all.

I would feel that the first - hand info that we can obtain by directly participating on Fora like these, can never be replaced.....
Dont know about Twitter, but on Facebook, i havent seen many such issues being solved - it mostly depends upon the "Responsiveness" of ur friends to ur posts.

Frankly speaking, i have about 170 odd Friends, but hardly 2-3 respond, when i post any serious query or info on FB.

So in that sense, these Fora would surely be growing like anything - and add to it the Genuine "Benefits" we get by ur association with the Service providers (D2h is the live example!! I know its because u know them well, but still, we too get benefits!)

As regards FB vs Orkut - all i would say is, FB is more for just "Time-pass" stuff......if u want some serious discussions on matters of ur interest, then Orkut groups are the place to be - Let me clarify, that i am on Orkut just for the Groups, and NOTHING ELSE.

For those who feel there are groups on Facebook - let me remind that it has that 1 & only "Dull" kind of fonts, which cannot be changed......no HTML, so no "Effects" can be given....

Cant add Pics/Vids in between discussions, which adds to the interest level.

Even if there are "So-called" Active groups on Facebook, they will be least moderated - it fill be full of Spammers.

In short - i agree that FB is way ahead in all other aspects, but the quality of "Group Discussions" on Orkut is still long way away on Facebook.

Orkut should R.I.P ....none of my freinds now use orkut...whenever i log in orkut there is nothiiiiiiiiing new...its boring ther

I logged to Orkut after a while & noticed today - "You have earned a new badge - Google + account holder , Click to make visible" - So I guess they are slowly going to merge the people into Plus..

Thats the only logical end visible to me. Orkut has been beaten in the markets where it was strong in the past.....India & Brazil!

and i have to say another fact over here.

facebook and twitter are killing forums. all over the web.

people no longer search for forums looking for a solution to their problems. they would post it on twitter/facebook and a lot of them would get a response from a friend/relative/collegue/random online stranger.

I like forums over Facebook/Orkut as on Forums people don't know my real identity. In real life I am very different person, and I hardly give any opinion on any topics. But on forums I feel its safe to give opinions on any topics like Politics/Corruption, Sports/Cricket or various Technologies, and have discussions on those topics. In my real life many of my friends are not interested on these topics.

I like forums over Facebook/Orkut as on Forums people don't know my real identity. In real life I am very different person, and I hardly give any opinion on any topics. But on forums I feel its safe to give opinions on any topics like Politics/Corruption, Sports/Cricket or various Technologies, and have discussions on those topics. In my real life many of my friends are not interested on these topics.
Interesting point that, and I agree. Forums provide a sort of 'cover' to the more introvert of the lot, who would like to be heard, but not seen.

Adding to this, General forums are well moderated. Had been part of Cricinfo forum in facebook, it was worse with daily fights/abuse/rants.Prefer general forums like these...