Google Nexus 6P

crappy history wrt supporting their devices. crappy excuses to explain the things their customers settle for. 😀

went to a shopping complex and checked out Nokia 8. seems like a decent phone. camera seems alright. camera app is horrible but usable. would need to get used to hardware buttons again.

as for budget... it's not much. would be going for emi this time around. would prefer something under 40k.

samsung s7 is probably the best option in this price range. but i do not think i would pick it over Nokia 8. stock android and possibility to get android p someday seems like a good feature 😛

crappy history wrt supporting their devices. crappy excuses to explain the things their customers settle for. 😀

went to a shopping complex and checked out Nokia 8. seems like a decent phone. camera seems alright. camera app is horrible but usable. would need to get used to hardware buttons again.
thats true tho. Used to have OnePlus one and other roms were plenty but camera drivers were not released by oneplus so camera took a hit in those roms.

Have a look at LG G6 and MI Mix 2 . Lg seem to have fixed their bootloop issues but I still don't feel confident recommending it to others because of that bootloop

yeah, he seems like he's fixed on Nokia

just checked, both G6 and V20 come with last gen 820 series processors so I would stay away from them. weird, I thought G6 came with 830 series processors

there are two issues with Nokia 6.

no hdr+ and other camera quality issues (for the price)
2.5D(?) display means cloudy tempered glass corners

and of course the lcd display.

Last edited:
I am not recommending Nokia 6. I am just saying that if Nokia 6 could be good, then Nokia 8 would be definitely better.
Only thing I dont like about HMD Nokia phones is hybrid dual sim slot.

Lcd panel. I see dark patches at angle on pure white screen. Also notice there same while scrolling down on white backgrounds. Was very annoying last night. Now kind of getting used to it. Only noticeable inside. Out in sunlight it's brilliant. I had the exact same issue on the Moto Turbo. This is why I am not considering going to the Nokia support center. Seems pointless.

Nexus is dead completely. Waited a day before giving up. Got it last night from a local retail store. Already created a thread.