Google News App Updates

this is kind of super annoying. sharing feature is so messed up in google news that i prefer to use the share feature in browser. but it is just not letting me open the links in browser.
as of now, it requires me to open the story inside the app. then open the three dots menu. and then pick the option to open in browser.
the menu is at top right so it takes a lot of effort to reach there. it's insane.
google is moving navigation at the bottom while it should be moving controls there.

I am trying to add Widget for new Google News, but its not working. After I select and add Widget, it does not gets added.

In widget section, Widget for new Google News is displayed (for old Google News as well widget is present, but it has name Google News and Weather).

Works here.

ferQv9h.png

Reactions: SVK
Works for me too. Had to disable battery saver to populate the news though.

Google News on Web also changed, and its bad as all saved topics are migrated under Favorites. Earlier it was in front, now we have to navigate to extra menu.

there is a feature in google news mobile app to save stories.
you can now access those stories on your computer?

Making Google News work on every phone, everywhere

Starting today, Google News will offer four core features that meet the needs of users who are using a lighter connection, including those with Android (Go Edition) phones:

When applicable, videos in the app will open in YouTube Go, ensuring that it’s delivered in a lightweight yet clear format. Videos won’t auto-play, saving precious data.
Newscasts (previews of a story) will adapt to become more text-focused, saving you data.
Images are compressed and can be fully loaded with just a tap. Videos and gifs will also not auto-play. Plus, less data will be cached and saved on your device.
Many articles can be saved for consuming in offline mode, easily downloaded over Wi-Fi for reading later.

And all of these features will turn on automatically—no need to toggle on a setting or make sure you’re in the right mode.

These features will roll out over the coming weeks to users around the world, ensuring that everyone has access to the news that matters most to them.