Google News App Updates

Google News is larger than online CNN and online New York Times , for which online news is a secondary medium after TV and print respectively .

newspapers are struggling to compete against online services. television has managed to survive because it's an up to date medium. newspapers? one day old news practically. and when we talk about google news... it is pretty clear we are talking about online services.

Hey Operamaniac
On this page Google News you can see that they use a plus button to expand and shrink the Video box.
Can it be possible to have that feature in the forum?
It is superb consumes less screen space and you can minimise the video and many more.

Hope it is integrable. 🙂

would not be easy to integrate. i have not seen any plugin designed to provide such a functionality because people generally like videos to be accessible by default.

But it has a great positive point that when you shrink the video to link the video stop buffering.If we do not want to watch the video after few seconds of loading we have to reload the page. In this just minimise the video and the streaming is closed

As far i know it does stop the streaming because when you pause and minimise the video then again expand then buffering starts all over again

using css to hide the video would not really tell the video to stop processing. css on the page does not interact with the video itself. it just hides it from view!

using css to hide the video would not really tell the video to stop processing. css on the page does not interact with the video itself. it just hides it from view!

First of all i also thought the same but after some experiments i asserted that it does stops it.

i am assuming that you are referring to the google news page?
Yes i am referring to that page and whenever i minimise the video the network usage stops...i have checked with many videos

just play the video and press the toggle button. the video would continue to play like usual. if you check the code of google news... they are using javascript to interact with the youtube vidoe element.