Google Messages (message categorization is rolling out in India)

Google's AI is very good. Remains to be seen if they are sorting messages by sender or content. Microsoft does it by content. Which means that different content from same sender is categorized differently. And they are treated as individual streams of content. Which means that you can disable notifications for shitty messages from a sender while still getting notifications for useful content from the same sender. This is the primary reason I am forced to use Organizer even though I hate the UI.

For instance, IDFC has been sending me a daily text to apply for their credit card. The message is being sent through the same stream which is used for other texts. Like OTPs. Organizer separates promo messages from OTP messages. Even if Google separates OTPs from promo messages from the same sender... it remains to be seen if they are allowing different notification settings for the tabs.

FceligF.webp
EaeBkVZ.webp

Yeah true. It’s a start. Took them a few years to introduce this feature. Personally I love RCS. Still unsure about the encryption protocol. Legal interception is possible/allowed?

Where is that setting for Message organization?
So many fans here for MS SMS Organizer app. I am also using it since it was launched, and its my default SMS app on 3 different handsets so far.

settings option only appears for me on beta channel. but does not really change anything in the inbox right now. might need a stable channel update before they make it functional. they did say in coming weeks. which usually means in a couple of days. rollout is likely going to be staggered. so it would take a while for it to appear for everyone.

otp deletion thing is kind of risky. no matter how good your algorithms are, there is always a chance that they might end up deleting a useful sms.

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
have this option enabled in beta version for more than a day now. nothing has changed/appeared so far. so i am guessing it would require a service side push and only after the next stable release is out.

That I get. Did they show you a message to enable it? Or was it enabled it automatically?