Google Messages

Google Messages to Google Messages & Samsung Messages to Samsung Messages will work on phones of different manufacturers. What I mentioned in post #106 is a msg from Samsung Messages (though it supports rcs) will still go as a sms & not data if sent to Google Messages & vice versa.

I could have tested it but I still don't see rcs option in Samsung Messages app at my end.

I tried it with Samsung M31 to M31& vice versa, it worked.
Then Samsung M31 to M21 & vice versa, it worked.
But when I tried Samsung M31 to Asus max pro M1(has GoogleMessages ) & vice versa, it did not work. It went as sms & not as data.
*All Samsung phones used had Samsung Messages.

Another observation is even if the phone on the other end has rcs enabled but data/wifi is not on then the message goes as sms & not as data. Anyone with that experience?

From my understanding, rcs only works on data and since it's real time both phones need to be online.

bjEaHK5.gif

Last edited:
More like they brought the competition to their door. The only reason I avoided Google Messages was the lack of this Feature. Let’s see how good the AI sorting stacks up against MS SMS organizer‘s. If it works well, RCS will make me choose Google Over MS.

Reactions: SVK