Google Duo is now Google Meet

People are simply using Google meet a lot now, for free. And Google doesn't like the data consumption. Unlike YouTube, it can't shove ads in our faces on meet.

Meet is the fastest and the simplest way to schedule or host an online meeting. Google should roll out enterprise or professional subscriptions where people can utilize proper white boards and share content from drive directly into an online meeting. Zoom will certainly take a hit if this happens. Google already has Classroom, and a full fledged meeting/teaching platform will make it a complete solution. I wonder what's holding it back.

microsoft has taken over the indian market from what i have seen. both corporate and educational sector.

“Calls with 3 or more participants” are limited to 60 minutes.

At 55 minutes, everyone gets a notification that the call is about to end. To extend the call, the host can upgrade their Google account. Otherwise, the call will end at 60 minutes.

That said, one-on-one calls can continue to run for up to 24 hours on free and enterprise accounts.

Google Support documents suggest Google Meet should show casting option if you have a second generation Chromecast or later.

It doesn't for me. Anyone here cast their Meet successfully?

Could be confusing for few days until merger is complete.

Today there was some update for Duo. Icon and name did not change for Duo, but inside app it says Duo is now Meet (displaying Meet for Samsung Galaxy in search box).