Google Hangouts

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 550
  • Views Views 91,968
B6arIfE.png

Hangouts has become useless on my computer. I am not sure if it's my computer or Reliance. Just does not work fine on either Chrome or Firefox.

What's New in Version 8.0.0
• Send video attachments up to 1 minute.
• Fix for unread conversation when you’ve been in a call.
• Fix for users stuck on the “Ok, got it” button
• Support for Google for Work - Mobile Management.

Google Apps update alerts: Better group chat controls are coming to Google Hangouts

google hangouts update is being posted by the google apps blog. good indication that google aims to focus on hangouts for the corporates once allo is out.

Share your group chats with short links

Group chat participants can now share a link to invite others to join the chat. This is particularly useful for onboarding new team members to a project, or to reach everyone in a mailing list. Rather than adding everyone at once, people can opt-in to the group chat.

Search for groups from your Google Hangouts contacts list

In order to make it easier to get to your group chats, you can also easily find your group conversations by searching for the group name or participant name.

Additional controls to manage group chat access

When team members leave a project, it may be necessary to remove them from group chats. Now, anyone who is directly invited to a chat will be able to remove others from the group chat, removing that person’s access to the chat history and notifying the group participants. Only by being directly invited back by someone already in the group, can the former member rejoin the chat.

h45oH4.png

iSSGYc.png

CBgBzP.png

I never used it except for testing what it actually is. 😀 (or in early days)

They will probably drop this in future saying that they are now focusing on Google Duo! 😀