Google Finance Portfolio Alternative?

Sushubh

Administrator
Google seems to be on its way to kill the stock tracker feature on their Finance website. They say that they are renovating it but the language indicates that it might not exist after mid-november. My dad use this feature to keep track on stock prices and I need to find a good replacement for it. I have tried moneycontrol in the past but their website is so full of crap that it is basically unusable on his Chromebook. Just wondering if someone can recommend a lightweight web app for tracking stocks like Google Finance website.

Sushubh

Administrator
does it even auto update? it seems more like a tool to keep an eye on the value of your stock. i just need auto-updating stock prices.

Sushubh

Administrator
it asks for data on number of stocks purchased on which date. which it uses to calculate loss/profit etc. this is not what i am looking for.

my dad tracks like 100 stocks using google finance. and most of fits in one screen on his chromebook. this would barely show him 20 even if he manages to fill in all the useless data.

amish

Star gazer
Oh ok ... i thought u wanted portfolio manager.

But if you give number of shares as 1 ... you should get the similar thing.

Sushubh

Administrator
those empty spaces on the left. i guess it would be hard to find a suitable alternative. few indian sites are designed with usability in mind.