Google Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 36,495
Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy because Kansas is going bye bye.

$120/month for complete package.
Nexus 7 tablet
full channel tv line
tv box
network box
storage box
1 TB free google drive
Soo they'll provide a new nexus 7 tab every month? 😛

Also ..that video is private ..not able to play

was complaining that Google has massive valuations while ISPs like them are suffering? Airtel can now learn a thing or two from Google.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything to be excited just yet. America already has a larger deployment of 1Gbps internet - just that as it is a small company doing it, even over a larger footprint - they don't get to scream. Google has bigger challenges here. Can they provide customer service? Can they scale it to the entire nation? Can they build a large deployment like Verizon? As long as the questions to those are NO - which is how I see it - there is a long way to go. Both for Google and the high speed broadband scene in US in general

i might be incorrect but this is just a pilot program to test whether it is sustainable. i do not see google launching a nation wide isp platform. this would make them lots of new enemies and get them into a business which is not profitable in a short period of time. it is also a business which is also heavily regulated... something where google has always struggled at 😀 offering mobile services through mvno is easy. running your own fiber network nationwide? you need to have a dedicated company to do that. google is probably just trying to show to the american consumer that it is possible to have cheap high quality internet access. putting the pressure on existing players in the market. they are probably aiming to disrupt the internet market because google's entire business model is based on that. they did the same with chrome. launched it at a time when firefox and ie were getting stale. chrome made the browser market highly competitive. of course, chrome being a software product, it became a much bigger product for the company. i do not see google fiber being profitable for google for a long time to come looking at the investments they are probably making in kansas. charges for the service are just a formality to keep the whole process somewhat serious.

^ Brilliant ad that. Makes a lot of sense to someone who knows about packets, but what about the average person?

Let them supply to one state in the US first, India and all can wait. For all the gloating that Google is doing, they need to put up a better show than connecting one small community.

makes me cry...where r they & where am i....such difference,still we live in the same damm world ! :'(