Google Drive

this is also huge... google now allows for raw data storage on their servers. 1GB limitation sucks though... i am considering paying USD 5 for 20GB storage yearly... it's cheap though not as good as the alternatives i have.

1GB is nothing. Dropbox (i am evil for putting its referral link in my signature... but everyone should try it out if they are looking for an online backup service!) is much more convenient and they give you 2GB for free accounts. Microsoft I read gives around 25GB for free on their SkyDrive...

I cannot really backup much on a 1GB drive. And I was just reading some reviews online... It does not let you store MP3 files! I have not tested it myself because this feature is not yet activated on my account.

ever since i bought my HD Camcorder... I have been looking for a cheap solution for online storage... Amazon S3 is too expensive if you are looking to store gigabytes of data... I was considering getting an additional 1TB drive on this server (USD 35 per month extra)... But it still turns out to be an expensive deal. I guess I would just have to get more 1TB+ drives for my desktop... It can handle 4... Not sure what i would do after that. 🙂]

essentially i need a flickr type service for videos... flickr stores and provide access to the original photo that you have uploaded. youtube allows 10GB file uploads but you do not get access to the original file that was uploaded. you can only download one of the three converted formats (SD, HQ and HD)... the HD version is pretty good for offline viewing but still not comparison to the original source file... 🙂

flickr costs me 25 USD per month... Unlimited Uploads. YouTube is of course free...

The cheapest option I have found is services like BackBlaze or Mozy... They would backup unlimited data for USD 5 per month... BUT... The biggest problem is that they sync data from your computer... So you cannot really use them for storing data that you want to remove from your own computer... 🙂

so the alternative is...

get a bunch of 1TB drives... get a subscription to BackBlaze... And backup all the data. I still have not figured out... How i would get it back if the drives go bad. 😀

google docs work fine from within the browser. the small screen ensures that few people would care to use it.

humm but still it can be replacement for think office or other free office .. even chrome is not there .. i guess they want to promote android default browser

chrome is just a name right? both chrome and the android's native browser use webkit rendering engine. so essentially they are one and the same thing. of course android browser does not support chrome extensions like firefox is somewhat offering with their mobile browsers.

chrome is just a name right?

both chrome and the android's native browser use webkit rendering engine. so essentially they are one and the same thing.

was not aware about toolkit .. so end of the day both of the same .. but i thought they will promote the brand chrome over there also

of course android browser does not support chrome extensions like firefox is somewhat offering with their mobile browsers.

havent tried ff 4 on mobile .. but there are too much restriction when you develop the browser for mobile devices ...

and now most of the task is done by apps so don't think ppl are using much on browser .. at-least i don't

native apps are evil. they are like software that are available on one platform and not another. web apps are good as they support all browsers with decent mobile browser.

but browser is only good for high end mobile where there is huge market with low and middle level handset .. so they are doing good ..which browser supports app .. android default and ff don't support that ..

gmail is a web app. i prefer accessing gmail from the web browser on my android phone because it saves me the hassle to sync the phone.

humm .... am using the same with sync .. so when free just have a look it no need login ..but the problem is when ever some one come around to check the phone they will definitely checks in and there is no way we can control it .. thats am searching for some good vault apps to keep personal stuff...