Google Contacts syncing problem on Android

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2,999
so i exported contact list from inbuilt system and trasfered to pc.now problem is that i have a lot of ol contacts(from my Nokia days) that are added in "other " space rather than "home" or "work" or "mobile".....................so they are not showing in windows contact application (only contacts) but i can see an entry of the name.................so can i be rest assured that wen i import this pc list again...........i will get all my contacts (specially others field one) back????

if you export from google android and import it back, i am sure that it would import it perfectly. using third party apps in between might well change the structure. in any case, you can always import the same csv to your google contacts account just to be on the safer side?

If u have ur lost contacts on ur Nokia phone's contact list & that has Bluetooth, then try out Rainbow Contacts......

also. if your contacts are that important to you consider backing them up on a third party app like Smartr Contacts

I see that this app is from Xobni, which has a really cool addon for Microsoft Outlook which does the same thing. A handful of top management guys at my office are fans of this addon and purchased the paid version.

errm. ignore above post. i am not very sure if this app backs up the data on their own servers.right. i have tried xobni in the past and hated it. rapportive did a much better job.

if you export from google android and import it back, i am sure that it would import it perfectly.

using third party apps in between might well change the structure.

in any case, you can always import the same csv to your google contacts account just to be on the safer side?

i exported from android to internal sd card 1st and then emailed them to my id.......................in vcf format

what i wanted to say was... the file exported by your phone should be imported perfectly. just do not end up modifying the file structure using any other app 😀 as in do not import it in windows contacts and use an exported file from it to bring it back to your phone. just back up that file on google drive or Dropbox. and do not rely on any single way of backing your data. csv should be the last resort.