• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 3,001

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
yesterday itself i added and updated(synced) new contacts on phone and today i reflahsed and my added contacts are nowhere to find:anger3::anger3::anger3:it happened before too.............but then i took it 1 off case , i specifically synced 2 times yesterday after adding contacts and google is shitting

Don't take tension, go to your bed and take nice and deep sleep, i know you were awake all night flashing your S2 lolwa

While saving contact, it might have asked you where to save i.e. Phone or 'xxxx@gmail.com'. Did you get this option?

yes i saved in phone 1st and then i synced it few seconds later with syncing online optionsync contacts option

yes i saved in phone 1st and then i synced it few seconds later with syncing online option

sync contacts option

If you saved the contact to Phone instead of gmail account, it will not sync that. It will only sync contacts tagged for your gmail account. It would look something more or less like this.

but i have always been doing this probably all in last 2 years..................and i think most numbers are synced just like i did yesterday.yes sometimes i lost conacts before too, but i took it as abug.what the **** then this sunc contact feature do anyway then???

Well, I lost contacts a long time back when I was new to Android and the reason was because I had saved some contacts on Phone by mistake. Since then it has never happened.

It's best to set saving contacts by default to your gmail ID instead of setting 'Always ask' etc.

yeah just did that...............i had recently updated to 2.3.6 via kies , dont know whether that changed the default set by me .....................still its shitty that synching doesnt do phone contacts:sidefrown:

yeah just did that...............i had recently updated to 2.3.6 via kies , dont know whether that changed the default set by me .....................

still its shitty that synching doesnt do phone contacts:sidefrown:

Yeah. If the update via Kies did a factory reset, it would change to default setting.

Don't take tension, go to your bed and take nice and deep sleep, i know you were awake all night flashing your S2 lolwa

i think u have duplicate id here.............1 is fake

Always backup contacts and data into your pc/laptop before playing with your phone.. Feeling bad for you bro.@blazer lolwa is invented by yours truly. 😀

@Toocool Happened the same to me, no way to get it back. Other time, by mistake when I synced google account in new rom, I said to keep local data. I lost all the Gmail contacts from 2003, most were some good ones whom I used to follow in Google reader.From then on, I have backup of every contact, both of phone and email...

man google is as ****ed as shit....................after i reported the issue here, i saved some more contacts to my mail id and synced , and then i installed darkys rom...................and guess what.even the google id saved and synced contacts are again missing:001wub::disturbed::no:google will rot in hell now for sure