Google Commits harakiri: Google Reader spoilt!

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,099

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
Makes no sense to totally change Google Reader. The unofficial social network it is with sharing among selected group of friends now completely revamped.

Users can no more view the shared articles and comments, all to push the users towards Google Plus.

Now this is pathetic!

The difference between the other feed readers and Google reader was just the sharing feature, thinking to stop using Google plus 🙁

----------

So starting today we'll be turning off friending, following, shared items and comments in favor of similar Google+ functionality.

Official Google Reader Blog: New in Reader: a fresh design, and Google+ sharing

Umm, I think it's good, makes the whole "Google experience" streamlined. Share on G+ with your circle of friends, whats the difference? +1 the articles, it also helps the site you are reading the article from, it's good for Google because more people use G+, it's good for content creators because they get more +1's (affects search results) and it's good for users because it makes everything simple. You want to share something on Reader THEN at G+, separately? I see no point in that.

People who are in Google Reader typically dont care about facebook/Google plus/Twitter and hence no sharing.

Now if u need to see the Posts shared by users u need to go to G+ and for reading the posts in the feed u need to go to Google Reader. Why split the features when it was good enough with both at once place...

If u are an existing user, u will understand

----------

The Unsocial Network: Why Google Is Wrong to Kill Off Google Reader - Forbes

#occupygooglereader #wearethe99percent #99percent... - Lizzie B

I have been using reader from over a year or two now, I think that makes me eligible to be considered as an existing user. I see what you are saying, and on a second thought it does seem to be a problem - but you shared the posts with your friends, and now because Google has a social network of its own all of your friends are supposed to be there, not on Reader. Basically, I think Google wanted to make Reader so you share more information on G+ to increase the traffic flow, which is a good move in itself when you think about it. But yeah you need Reader to share things and Plus to see what is shared by your friends - it feels a little bit chaotic, true.For me, personally I love the update - it matches the new Google theme and integrates G+ to its core.Edit: LMFAO @ Occupy Google Reader.

I like G+ but the problem is that I dont know how many of the people I follow in Google Reader will continue posting in G+.Google is taking a big risk, hope the outcome is positive. But as of now, its very annoying

Don't worry, Shubh bro and I won't let you down :applause:Crap! You were talking about Google Reader not plus.