Google Code Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Google Code Search: A search engine for programmers
Search engine giant Google has launched yet another search engine service. This time they are targeting the programmers who can use this tool to search for programming codes and snippets.
This new product is Google Code Search.
The company believes that this search tool can help the developers to improve [...]

https://techwhack.co/4514/google-code-search/

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Google Code Search enhanced Search engine giant Google has announced that they have now improved their Google Code Search service. This search engine from Google has been designed to help developers find code snippets from across the web. Google said that the enhanced engine would now add greater coverage and improvements in ranking and access. The original edition was [...]

Google Code Search enhanced

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
This site is predicting that lots of popular Google products may shut down in future! (or merged with some other product)

Google HP Bar and Status

Examples:
  1. Google Earth
  2. Blogger
  3. Google Plus
  4. Picasa Web
  5. Goo.gl
  6. Google sites
  7. Chrome OS
  8. OpenID

A similar site showing what is already dead by Google. (I can recall plenty I used - or tested and scrapped later!)
Google Reader joins graveyard of dead Google products (old title)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Google Earth can be merged with Google Maps.
Blogger cannot be shut down. Millions of blogs online. It's just not possible. Similar to feedburner. Killing this service is going to create a lot of link rot.
lol @ google+ shutting down. it is shutting down before it was launched.
Picasa Web would become Google Photos.
goo.gl cannot shut down for same reason. link rot.
Google Sites has a lot of users I guess. I do not see it getting shut down as well. But it is nowhere close to Blogger at scale.
Chrome OS? lol. It is one of the fastest growing platforms in the US market.
OpenID is not a Google tech right? Google is discontinuing OpenID support on their platform in a few weeks. This has been clear for a long time now.