Google Assistant Updates

is it even coming to countries outside india? duplex was supposed to be US only when it was announced. i can imagine it coming to european countries. but indian accents? probably not. i mean most of us do not even use answering machines around here.

most people would cut the call on hearing computerize accent that (i assume) would not stop responding when you try to cut them in between. maybe that's a good thing. better than blocking the number? i think this feature has a lot of value here in india. just to annoy telecallers.

7 Ways the Google Assistant Can Help You Survive the Holidays

We’re adding several new ways you can use your Smart Display, like the Google Home Hub, this holiday season:

Broadcast Replies: When you’re out grabbing groceries to prepare for your holiday feast, the Google Assistant can help you easily connect with family at home by using broadcast to check if anything else needs to be picked up. Starting next week, you can also reply back from a smart speaker or Smart Display to your phone or other Home devices.

Sharing photos: Google Photos is another feature on Smart Displays that can show you past holiday memories with family and friends. Now, we’re making it easier to share photos with people on your contact list when you land on a photo that you like by saying “Hey Google, share this photo with April.” You can also quickly hide a photo from your ambient screen or favorite a photo to be enjoyed again at a later time.

Touch Alarms in Quick Settings: We added a quick way to set an alarm on your Smart Display -- just swipe up from the home screen and tap the new timer button.