Google Android One

So My Phone got updated today :
IMG_20150327_215145.jpg

IMG_20150327_220716.jpg

IMG_20150327_222332.jpg

I like the device but the pricing is comparable to mid-range devices not budget phones. But then Europe is Europe 😀

Turkey Android Phone models is FAR better then Indian model. I wish they had launch similar in Indian market, it would have eaten lots of Xiaomi share since beginning.

Pricing of the phone in USD? $ 262 which makes it around Rs. 16800. Even if you remove the Europe tax, it would still cost upwards of Rs. 10-12000.

They could have skipped few things to keep price between 6K-7K. If Micromax YU can have 7K phone, why not Google?

Few things which could have been added to existing phone is like Gorilla Glass screen, 8 GB internal memory, 8 MP main camera, and perhaps Snapdragon processon instead of MediaTek. 4G option could have been better to have, though not missing 4G feature at all right now on existing phone.

I'm just waiting for the new models to launch in India later this year. They will have MUCH improved specs.

the biggies are losing the war. i think xiaomi sold 60 million plus devices in the first half of 2015. i have a feeling that they are already the third largest smartphone company on this planet.

Android One with 4G (supporting Indian approved bands) and priced inside 10K would be winner (even if it was from Lava).
What extra would Lava offer in 12K which Xiaomi or even Yuphoria offers in 7K...