Google Android One

lol. i have thought about that. but 3g is too expensive to stream over long distances 🙂 maybe motorola would do the right thing and bring the 32GB edition this time around. moto maker is available in many more markets this year. maybe india would get lucky as well!

Official Website: Android One

With Android One, Google is doing what Microsoft did with OEM when they launched WP7 handsets. MS had put some strict hardware requirements for OEM to launch WP7 handsets.
But anyways Android One will be success I guess, because its Android 🙂

I would wait for a review or two to pop up, especially the camera performance which is his primary priority.

Righto. Reviews should be out by tonight. These local manufacturers probably have direct communications with the top blogs in the country.

of course. better display and lower price tag. though it comes with ICS right now. kitkat would come. no guarantees of l release. android one should definitely get l. the product page talks about 2 years of software updates. though i would not bet on it.

Most likely it is. I personally found it absolutely wonderful. Played around with it till yesterday, before handing it over to my would-be 😛

She's absolutely happy with it too.