Google Android Jelly Bean

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 132
  • Views Views 10,845
Ice Cream Sandwich only has a single percent of market share, but Google seems to be on the verge of releasing its successor. Latest rumors have it that Android's next release - 5.0 Jelly Bean - will be unveiled in the second quarter of this year.
According to the often reliable DigiTimes, who quote Taiwan-based supply chain makers, Android 5.0 Jelly Bean will bring further optimizations for larger screen devices - tablets and netbook computers.
One of the key features of the upcoming Android release will be its ability to dual-boot Chrome OS. The cloud-based platform still struggles to make an impact and Google is obviously planning on using the wildly popular Android to change that.
Dual-booting will also make Android 5.0 Jelly Bean much easier to market with computer makers. Given the popularity of the Asus Transformer Prime, we guess there might be a niche for ultra-portable computers with super long battery life and good performance, even if they don't run a regular desktop OS.

Source :: Android 5.0 Jelly Bean to arrive in Q2 with Chrome OS dual-boot - GSMArena.com news

thanks you so much for notify....

It wud tentatively be unveiled in Q2....that means that even if my phone wud get it, it wud be around end of year. Btw i didnt understand the logic behind 2 quick releases! Either they could have postponed the release of 4, or they can hold back for 5.

Frankly speaking it is all rumors right now. whether it would be a major update like ICS or a minor update like Froyo or Gingerbread. Also... It is not going to be a quick release. Google had clearly stated that they were aiming for one major update every year. ICS was released in October/November last year... Jelly Bean could be released a month or two early but it is likely to be the only major Android update this year. The question is... Whether it would be a 4.x release or a 5.x release. 😕 If it is a 5.x release, I wonder if Chrome developers have challenged Android developers to catch up with their versioning 😕

man! 2 quick releases. This fragmentation of OSs version is main drawback of android. shitty anddroid phones have shitty version of android installed in them and if a noob uses it . .he thinks that android is shitty and goes back to his iOS

if someone switches from iPhone to a budget segment android phone and builds his opinion about android from that cheapo device, he deserves to be an Apple ios user.

i am impressed that they have actually linked to engadget in that article. indian news sites usually do not link to sources like this.

They Must have Got a Mail from Engadget for Lifting News W/O Giving Credit.Tech2 Also mentioned the Source