• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,830

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
The wait seems to be finally getting over for all Samsung Galaxy S II owners, as very soon, well, next week in fact, you’ll be receiving the coveted Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich update. Samsung will probably be rolling this update out in phases and so in case you don’t get a prompt a few days after March 15, don’t worry as you can always update it manually via Odin, once the official ROMs are out. If you don’t want to go through that hassle, then I guess you just have to wait it out.

Samsung Galaxy S II getting Android 4.0 (ICS) on March 15

oh good... finally.

Hahaha! But i have already installed it! I was updating GB via Kies and bricked the phone altogether. So to restore, i installed the official GB using Odin.With that i realised that its just too easy to do this.....so i even installed ICS in that manner - the leaked ROM for S2.

Hahaha! But i have already installed it! I was updating GB via Kies and bricked the phone altogether. So to restore, i installed the official GB using Odin.
With that i realised that its just too easy to do this.....so i even installed ICS in that manner - the leaked ROM for S2.
Do you get a yellow triangle like this while booting?

Nope....so i think, once this version is available, i will have to install this as well! Surely it has to be better than the one i m having!

Yep! Pretty much! Texts were backed up & mailed to my email id. Contacts, Calendar, Apps are all backed up with Google. And in most cases, i even got the user data back when backing up apps. No other stuff stays on my phone memory - Pics, Videos, Songs, etc. And even if it did, i have the habit of transferring stuff to PC, the moment its generated in the Cell.

As for me, i use Go sms pro. It has its internal backup tool. But u can even use Sms backup and restore tool, as it uses a better file format which is acceptable even for the stock sms tool.And the contacts etc....as i said its Google. No better place than that.

I dont want to do it via Kies again. I will have to look for the OS and install it using Odin.