Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC Smartphones

Sushubh

Administrator
We can confirm the brand new HTC Vivid, on sale beginning today, is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich. In addition, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming in early 2012 to a variety of devices including the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XL and HTC Sensation XE, as well as the HTC Rezound, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G and HTC Amaze 4G through close integration with our carrier partners.

HTC announces plan for releasing Android ICS for their current devices

sarkar007

Regular
Regulars
The wait is almost over for the owners of the original Sensation, the Sensation XE and the Sensation XL. The Sensation and Sensation XE will get the ICS treatment by the end of March, while the XL update will follow shortly after.
There is more good news - HTC EVO 3D, Incredible S, Desire S and Desire HD updates are also in the works and will be released later this year.

HTC Sensation lineup gets Android ICS in late March - GSMArena.com news

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Funny how HTC has now backtracked. They realised that some of their old phones also can run the ICS after they saw the CM ports. Shame on them. I will continue to use the Cyanogen Mod even after HTC releases their official ICS

Sushubh

Administrator
well at least they are not going to offer ICS for the HTC Desire :D

sarkar007

Regular
Regulars
someone needs to confirm this to me. did htc ever release gingerbread for desire?

Yes they did. But it was labelled a developer release. Because of the low internal memory in the Desire, HTC couldnt provide a update with all bells and whistles. In fact they even the advised general public to 'not' update!

I never updated my Desire officially but learnt how to root on xda and then tried out many ROM's. Finally got tired of it and bought a HTC Sensation. Now waiting for official ICS!