Good things don't last forever

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 5,349
What's with all these ISP's blocking this and that port. Newsgroups and IRCs are the grand daddies of the online world. How can something called an Internet Service Provider block them 🙁

i dont get it myself. 🙂sify blocks pings. what can be worse.

Blocking IRC seriously s*cks. I'm glad I can do telnet and IRC with sify 🙂

Port 6667 (others are probably also blocked) is of significance because it is through this port that irc and msn chat rooms operate.

msn chat used to be free like yahoo but they turned pay in Oct. 2002. Microsoft, another money gobbler 😛

that was what i was thinking. even the paid version is not available in india from what i know 🙂

Yeah! The unilateralist Microsoft withdrew its chat totally from all countries except the developed countries of Europe, North America and some Asian countries like Japan S.Korea etc. where it thought there would actually be people wanting to pay for chat :-| (s*ckers if they pay for it IMO)Sify = Uncannily like MS I say LOL

Sify=ms? not by a longshot. At least ms has intelligent people working for it.

yup. some of them have praised firefox for what it is doing to the market. infact another one praised google. they do have smart people. 🙂but not smart enough to retain guys like Tantek Çelik. 🙂

If you read carefully what I wrote then you'd see the similarities 😉 Anyway whatever MS does doesn't affect us in India that much. But their decision to withdraw MSN Chat from here really angered me back then since I was a regular on it 😉

Yup good things (or even tolerable things for that matter) don't last too long ... I am getting about 1.5 kBps since morning ... last night was arounf 5 kBps and before that it hovered at 2. Never seen that heavenly 7-8kBps for a few days now ...

Incidently, my SAM server changed to 202.144.58.37 ... and its really buggy to connect in linux ... even with this client - http://www.sharma-home.net/pipermail/bsd-i...ber/000446.html

Yeah, I am getting 3-4 kBps on an upto 64 kbps pack (trying it for this month only) when I haven't reached the limit yet.Infact very infrequently I get 7-8 kbps nowadays. But if I am online at some unearthly hour like 3 AM I get 8-9 kBps on this :-|Ujjwal, you might want to try these ways to run the official Sify Linux client smoothly. I am only online using Linux nowadays and use the latter client only 🙂 Firstly, run even Sifyconnect as root. By doing so you get to see the "Logged In" message and your account info which we otherwise don't as a non-root user.Secondly, when you have some trouble logging in kill sifyd and restart it manually. That solves the problem for me often.

I have a night pack and it had been really good until Dec 26! It has been crawling sice then. I called the support number and they said that there is some technical issue and will be fixed in 2 days. Called them again an hour ago and the response is "because of new year there hasn't been much work done!!!". I am beginning to "not" like these guys!Q

trust me, you won't like them very much even if it is not NEW YEAR. 🙂 the CTO told me to wait for a week so that he can get his power lines fixed! they kept me OFFLINE for a week to f**king replace the faulty wiring they put on in 1 day the day i gave them the installation money.