Good premium smartphone (Budget not decided)

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
I got fed-up, and I am considering a phone this Sunday. Any suggestions?

• I am not interested in camera's as long as it's not a Potato.
  • I don't game and I do not like flagship killers.
  • Storage is not of importance; since I store everything to my cloud.
  • I have a Vodafone sim, so 5G is definitely not on the priority list.
  • It should not be a hot-cake and should look at least decent.
  • Oh, and a good/bright display; refresh rate does not matter as long as it's higher than 60.
  • Fuck Xiaomi and Please no Motorola; I find them ugly.

14 Plus should be avoided. Bigger form factor, small cameras make it look like a knock off. It does not have the latest features and costs a bomb.

Upvote 0
I tested hands-on for hours both 14 and 14 plus, the slower refresh rate just didn't stand well with me.
The price tag of 1.4L for a 14 pro seemed quite overdone for a phone.
I also took upon the s22 ultra, the curved, huge display, overly curved side edges all the way to the back, dust riddled camera rings and the bulky stature was too ugly plus it was getting generously hot quite easily.
I also tested some of them Chinese phones, the OnePlus 10 Pro had quite a lack luster UI full of stutters.
This all gave me depression. I looked around multiple places and no one had a "WHITE" SAMSUNG FLAGSHIP nor 13 pro.

---
Finally, after much discussion; I settled for S22+ White (thanks to a friend) for 70K, and they also bundled 35W Samsung Changer and an AKG Headsets for free.

Thanks again everyone. 😀 See ya next time.

Upvote 0
How did you find S22+ in White colour :O
Its 256 GB version is vanished from Amazon, Flipkart and Samsung shop as well. I am trying some offline sources as well for S22+ with 256 storage.

I had same feeling about Ultra about being bulky, curved screens apart from costly, but I read that S22 Ultra has better cooling options compared to other two S22 models.

Upvote 0
@Samuel
20221120-093246-01.jpg

Doing good so far, no heating issues. Vibration motors are really good.
But darn, S21 FE was really light weight.

Upvote 0
S22+ is still very difficult to find. It gets available on Flipkart or Amazon for short time, but prices is still 89K. It gets out of stock again.
Could these be returned units?
S22+ is not seen on Samsung's Website for last 3+ months.

S22 Ultra is out of budget for me, while I doubt S22's battery life. S22+ was perfect middle of both budget wise as well as battery capacity.
S23+ would be also costly at launch 🙁

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Samsung has a very bad battery backup. Almost half of the other phones of the same battery.
My S21FE runs 35hrs with around 3hrs SOT. It should at least give around 4.5hrs SOT with 1.5 days of backup.

Upvote 0
Asked few local stores guys as well. They also don't have stock. Even Croma and Reliance Digital Stores don't have S22+. Only Ultra and S22 is available.
I wonder why Samsung is launching low cost variants A04/M04/F04 kind of devices which nobody buys (or it has market of its own?) rather than focusing on availability of flagship devices.

Upvote 0