• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 17,927
Status
Not open for further replies.

max90

Regulars
ISP
Bsnl
Today i emailed to virgin mobile,Their reply was very quick.
Dear Sir,
Why Haryana is not showing in state list in your website?Are you going to launch gsm services very soon????Thanks......

Hi Gaurav

At Virgin Mobile, we always encourage both positive and negative feedback from our customers. How else will we serve you better?

At Virgin, we want our customers to get the best service, and when that fails to happen, no one is sorrier than us.

Your email has been forwarded to our team to implement the same and I am sure this will be done at the earliest.

Once again, we’d like to thank you again for suggesting us in this matter. The GSM services are going to be launched very soon and once it is done the same will be informed through relevant media.

With the support of friends like you, we will certainly deliver the very best.

Kind Regards

Jithu

The Team at Virgin Mobile

I am also eager to see Virgin mobile in GSM sim. Reasons are quite simple.Once used GSM, CDMA doesnt appear too friendly. There are no service replies. Actual call duration etc. (These are disadvantages in all CDMA things)Plus, Virgin mobile CDMA phones or Samsung ones have camera limit of 5 mega pixel, once they jump into GSM all these things would get relaxed.

cdma disappoints me because of the lack of mobile phone options. we just do not have enough mobile phones in the cdma segment.

cdma disappoints me because of the lack of mobile phone options. we just do not have enough mobile phones in the cdma segment.

I completely agree with you. The CDMA operators do have some nice offers but not nice fancy mobiles.
Most of the CDMA mobile companies include ZTE, Huawei, Samsung, etc. which do not have a impressive mobile range unlike the GSM mobile phone range.

Nokia is likely to get strong in the cdma market in the coming years.they have signed a deal with qualcomm which would give them the power to launch more capable cdma phones in the future.

CDMA phones can function like GSM, meaning if the operators want they can have their user buy and sell unlocked CDMA but unfortunatly CDMA operators choose not to do this so that they can profit from selling phone. I hope that like GSM players even CDMA players realize that they can make much more money making technology available for everyone freely.

mmm i think you can already buy unlocked cdma mobile phones directly from mobile dealers... and then get a cdma sim card. it works fine!

so they are just going to resell tata docomo services which are not available throughout the country anyways!

The reason cdma handsets are expensive is qualcomm charges a royalty on every handset made. Thus OEMs are forced to increase the prices.

the truth is that the royalty is as little as USD 1 in most cases. so the price difference is not supposed to be much. it ranges between USD 1-5 depending upon the mobile manufacturer.

I completely agree with you. The CDMA operators do have some nice offers but not nice fancy mobiles.
Most of the CDMA mobile companies include ZTE, Huawei, Samsung, etc. which do not have a impressive mobile range unlike the GSM mobile phone range.

hey
I agree with both of you cdma gives us best offers and is cheaper then gsm but cdma disappoints because of the lack of fancy mobile phone options.

Thanks

Regards
dabhos

Tata is kind of stupid- or maybe smart, I don't know yetMarketing One brand under different names.......Virgin, DoCoMO etcIn any case tata made a 10% loss in the last ten years from CDMA and Bharti made a 14% profit in the same period.Only Problem- More Players- Lower Prices-Saturation-Losses in the GSM market- Bharti is seeing lower profit margins each year Tata is kind of stupid that way- and recently Reliance and Tata have stopped advertising CDMA too much and are both concentrating on GSM (i'm not taking into account Mobile Internet via CDMA)In my opinion- In the next ten years the telecom industry is going to see alot of red and only 2 maybe 3 players will be able to survive. 3G may as well be the deciding factor in the long run. As for the phones- GSM vs CDMA - GSM will always win since its open source

virgin just uses tata's network. they are not owned or operated by tata. it is a totally different company. btw t24 is another mobile service that operates on tata's network. it is owned and operated by future group.

Status
Not open for further replies.