Good Broadband Provider in Vikaspuri, New Delhi - Disconnecting Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter spyder0109
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 14,090
I am excited with the initial impressions given by MTNL. I punched my mobile number again on their site's main page for new connection at 3:00PM and got a call from an MTNL aunty at 4:30PM 🙂I just wish, this kind of response remain through out. I have opted for 800 combo plan, which gives 2mbps unlimited at night. Can any user tell me, how much speed should I expect?

You should expect the full 2mbps, unless the line quality is bad. 🙂

Guys, are their separate charges for modem? Then shall I buy mine?Because the agent which came to collect money and for the form, told me that there are separate Rs. 50 charges for modem.

I have opted for 800 combo plan, which gives 2mbps unlimited at night. Can any user tell me, how much speed should I expect?

I get around 1.8 mbps. So does my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, are their separate charges for modem? Then shall I buy mine?
Because the agent which came to collect money and for the form, told me that there are separate Rs. 50 charges for modem.

Yes. Rs. 50 pm for regular modem
and Rs. 75 pm for wifi modem.

I would suggest you to buy your own modem. I don't like the quality of the modems provided by MTNL.

Yeah. Even I was thinking the same; to buy myself a modem myself.Any suggestions?? Btw, will airtel take back their modem? It's a 6-7 year old connection.

The forum already has loads of threads on the modem/router topic. Had you paid for the airtel modem ?

Yes, I am going through those articles.i dont remember about my payment for airtel modem as it been more than 6 years. Also, i'm not able to enter MTNL Backroom section though I'm MTNL user now; i'm not able to edit my profile as my privileges are less. Shall I email the administrator/moderator for this?

I'm not sure if I'm panicking or what. But I paid my booking amount to the MTNL agent on Saturday (2nd June) and he told me that he did the booking on Tuesday.Its Friday right now, and no signs of me getting broadband connection; I had called up my agent some minutes back and he told me that there is a shortage of modems and so is the reason for the delay.

You'll get your connection. Keep following up with them. Or you could get your own modem/use the airtel one and tell them to visit immediately.

I'm not sure if I'm panicking or what. But I paid my booking amount to the MTNL agent on Saturday (2nd June) and he told me that he did the booking on Tuesday.
Its Friday right now, and no signs of me getting broadband connection; I had called up my agent some minutes back and he told me that there is a shortage of modems and so is the reason for the delay.

i booked my connection on friday...the technician who is in charge of my area came on wednesday after there were calls from mtnl on tuesday evening confirming whether someone had come or not..
so this guy told me..that he got the request on monday..and so any request recieved has to be looked after within 2 days..
they were all helpful in my case..im staying in hari nagar area...maybe area matters ..

Nobody has delivered the modem, but I configured my bettle model that was being used on airtel till now. I'm disappointed as of now as I'm getting 270-300kbps speed only, though I should be getting 512 during the day. Let's see what happens after 11PM. Fingers crossed. Btw, I'm on Freedom 800 combo plan.

You should get 512k. Post your line stats.

SNR Margin: 19.5 db (Down) and 39.5 db (Up)
Line Attenuation: 18.0 db (Down) and 7.5 db (up)
Data Rate: 3110 (Down) and 259 (Up) kbps

I just got a modem from MTNL and its by some Sterlite brand :/