going to buy 3G modem on 3 sep 2011, have few questions regarding that, please help me....

mahendersingh

ISP
dial up aircel
dear friends, well i was using my Nokia n79 for internet and phone's getting heating up (i'm using internet almost 24 hours on it, as i leave my torrents to download everytime and i'm downloading them in phone, so wherever i go my torrents follows me 🙂 )so now i'm planning to buy a 3 g modem for my computer, so it will give relief to my phone.after a month's search and reading lot of reviews here's my final list.Huawei UMG 1831huawei K4505huawei E1750huawei E1762huawei E1752huawei E173ORMICROMAX MMX 611UMICROMAX MMX 372well i have setup my mind with huawei umg 1831 and if money will be problem i'll go for E1750,but i have readied so many problems with these too, like disconnections, not working, firmware problems, heating problems.. so i want to ask which device should be best in regards of performance. i'm student and buying this by saving my months of pocket money, so dont want to waste my money and then regret.i'm planning to buy it from nehru place (new delhi) and i'll buy it unlocked. want to ask if i can use any sim (cdma and gsm) or and sim of gsm provider only?which device are u using?which plan are you using? 3g or 2g? how much u pay and what speed you are getting.no 3g provider giving unlimited plan afaik.i'm planning to use it with vodafone 2g with 394 pm unlimited or with docomo with 149 pm 8 GB or with idea giving unlimited in only rs 95 pm in Rajasthan (jaipur) 🙂please reply to my every question. thanks for your precious time

54 views and NO reply??? is this forum is inactive?

Huawei E173 for around Rs 1600 seems pretty good ....max speed is 7.2MBps. I am also thinking of getting it. huawei E1762 is also good...huawei UMG 1831 read at couple of places all kind of bugs it has having maybe now they have gon..PS: I had 100 plus views to my thread in few minutes and I still did not get any replies few hrs back so dnt crib about not getting replies lol 😛

e173 VS UMG 1831 is pretty difficult to figure out...one used both...can tell more about it...

using e173 and it working perfect for me.... no disconnection every using about 2 month before.. daily use of 4-5 hours....

Hello Mahendra....I am also thinking of to buy UMG 1831 or E173..but still cant figure out what to choose. This Forum have a lot of discussions about both of modems but It would be helpful for most of the guys (just like both of us) if any SENIOR or EXPERIENCED MEMBER will help us to find out any good choice.I am still wasting my time with GooooooGling

I am actually more concerned that will these modems work with the new 4G coming... up..or we would need to buy again the modems.......

I think the IDEA ones.....10%Haven't received the normal ebay discount coupons fr sm time now...

@snak1thx for the update 🙂 nice to have some new air to the thread as many of us pretty much lost as to what is going on due to lack of reviews or online support for such modems online..

Huawei umg 1831 vs huawei e173 , tested on 7.2mbps network (airtel)I own huawei umg1831 and my friend has huawei e173, i tested speed on both devices & i found that i’m not getting optimum speeds while using e173.Huawei e173 is 7.2mbps device and should support total 7.2mbps but when i tested i got only4 - 5.5 mbps ( 500-700 kBps), i got 7.2mbps speed ( 900+ kBps) while using huawei umg1831.Signal strength was same on both the devices.Anyone got 7.2mbps on huawei e173 ? clarify please.....You decide which device to buy now.....5.5mbps on e173 is also good.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Mqc-PQBQw