Going for docomo,suggestions pls

• Thread starter Thread starter shrinivas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,534
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as network coverage of DoCoMo is concerned in Mumbai.. Its fabulous..
Signal strength ranges between 70%-100% always..
Best part about DoCoMo is their pricing..
For example, if you are from Mumbai, you recharge with Rs.39/- you get 2GB data for 1 month and Rs.15 as Core balance.
Could not find on website, can u help pointing out?

@ all,
thanks for ur valuable opinions

hmm...that's the thing with these operators!!
totally agreed with @chetan31
One has advantage of fine network but lacks CC & vice versa

as per experience shared by u guys i don't find any wrong going with Docomo. For me,Those days gone of getting SIMs & checking them(after lot of Maskabaji Docomo sales guy visited as its MNP, they visit only for new connection as he said). now due to workload its hard to find time even for family..nyways its diff. part

Looking for ultimate solution & Docomo will be the final choice!!

as per internet i'm not fancy having 3G as my usage limited to checking mails 2-3 times a day & most important is share market, so at least for 3-4 hours/a day net will run, i'v no clue how much data it will consume? any guesses?

btw I'v few doubts with Docomo postpaid plans which shockingly unanswered by that Sales executive
Diet Plan FAT ROLLOVER 299 offer 4 toppings-
200 mins(Local)
150 mins(STD)
500 sms(Local)
100 MB (Data)

Additionally one will get FAT (Free Air Time) Combinations
ref- Diet Plans With Fat Rollover

If I choose 4 x 200 local mins + 800 local mins FAT Combination so I should get total 1600 local mins? isn't it well worth money? Also remaining balance from FAT will get carried forward up to next month. is it that Simple...can't believe thus asking

As there's no guarantee about the coverage while roaming i think there's need of alternate operator as backup
what we're planning to stick with one MTNL-TRUMP Connection for Roaming, as i had good experience so far especially in Konkan Region & many remote areas in Maharashtra, only one bitter experience was in Udaypur,Rajshtan when there's no network at all, it was countless number of times called CC & had verbal fight.
Now deciding on Backup SIM which will certainly come to rescue when it comes to roaming mostly in Maharashtra- as I said above its MTNL but would like to have opinions on Idea as well..!!

Been on Docomo fr about a year now in Mumbai and have never really faced any issues...also i've realized that their CC is good on their Online Chat portal -Tata DOCOMO Chat So i think if u've got any issues you shuld definitely check it out with them

For Postpaid start with 149 Plan Then Advantage for opting Diet or FAT plan is 2/4top-ups. Paying Rs.299 & getting 600Local mins + 500 SMS(with Top-ups) is really worth
Hmm okay Nice.. but did you know what are the call charges after these free mins.?? 1p/sec! My friend has Docomo postpaid.. He says its worst he gets bills around 1200 As his post free call charges are 1p/sec. Call Drops.. pathetic.. It's just that their Outsider plans are nice to look at.

i am on idea... recently airtel,idea ad vodafone increased their gprs rates to 149 / month for 2GB. MTNL charges 98 for 1 GB per month.Only docomo and aircel have decent gprs plans.suggest me my 4th porting this year either tata docomo or aircel...network should be good in mumbai and good gprs speed in mumbaipls help me select

I just took Docomo sim prepaid (in Maharashtra circle). By Startup offer of Rs 61, I got Rs 35 talktime and 1 GB internet for 2 months each (though need to recharge by Rs 30 minimum to get 1 GB in 2nd month). Dealer of Docomo shop said that internet is 2G. But after activating 3G (by sms ACT 3G to 53333) I am getting 3G internet 😀
Same experience on another Docomo sim as well.
Besides I am having full signal and good speed on mobile at home, office and road connecting home and office 🙂
Need to see how is voice experience, as haven't used it for voice call yet...

how is the network in mumbai?the mail reason i am porting out of idea is that it sends sms after each gprs session ends. it is very irritating. also now they increased rates to 149 for 1 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.