GOA!

sanket

My experience in Goa can be summarised as follows :1) Indians who come to visit goa are given third class treatment by the locals as compared to the treatment they give to firangis.2) The only business in Goa seems to be tourism as each and every Tom, Dick and Harry has a bike of his own to give out on rent.3) Luckily, I stayed in Royal Palms, so the place where we were staying was great. But outside the hotel, everyone is drunk. It is as if people cannot drive properly without being drunk. IMO being drunk once in a while is okay , but constantly being drunk is bad.4) Well, the police never catch a firang without a helmet, but we got caught. That made my trip real great. Plus, the person who rented me the bike did not include 2-3 papers in it, so basically it was "500 Rupees ka fatka".5) My suggestion is that, if you want to go to goa, use a tourist service like Raj Travels or some cheaper local service. That way you wont get too much looted.

Suraj

Regular
Regulars
i still remember "benaulim", it has a restaurant from where you get a clear view of the sea...we usually sat there from morning till evening.....ate a lot....drank a lot and still the bills came out to be round about Rs 200.There was this guy from England who sang at that place every Sunday.I think the restaurant's name was "pedro's restaurant"....animals move freely around here like Geese n others that we indians are not used to seein in the cities.We stayed at some guy's cottage(looked like a penthouse) nearby benaulim beach, it had a swimming pool n a bar. Paid like Rs 1200 for 3( we were 3 friends taking a break after graduation) and stayed there for a week.The best time to go is August...we didn't mind seein the carnival as such, July/August being off season, u can get better places at cheap rates.In between we went for a job interview and also got it but never got back to the company.also internet is very cheap in Goa, it seems, when we were at Margao we used to get dialup at Rs 5 for an hour....ehhh.I bought some red wines from the place and 2 huge bottles of fenny...also had to take the required permit to carry on train.nice memories......

GAURAV7777

Regular
Regulars
well i went goa 12 years agoand as my mom is a govt servant and we had some contacts in labour ministry back thenthey got us fixed in a govt lodge complete with ac and car for our excursions and meals all for FREE we stayed there for a week and visited nearly everything(well thats what i thought)but i came to know later that my parents never took me to the beaches where firangi's hang and ever since i have been lobing for going to goa but u guys are scaring me

knak

Regular
Regulars
I still have to visit Goa.. never been thereIm curious how the partyscene is, how expensive it is compared to what ive seen the past 4 years in India...Im a partyfreak myself, ive been to huge parties in my country Holland, 30 to 40.000 people on the spot, every1 going crazyMy latest party was in Thailand, on Koh Phangan island, the full moon parties..awesome and wild...I wonder if GOA will give me the same thrill as ive had many many times before...Someday,when i found some people who wants to join i really should check it out!!

josan165

Could you please give me address or numbers of good travel agencies from where we should hire bikes. we are going Goa in December. A group of 8 people.
JAi

QUOTE(sanket @ Aug 12 2005, 10:16 PM) [snapback]21111[/snapback]
My experience in Goa can be summarised as follows :

1) Indians who come to visit goa are given third class treatment by the locals as compared to the treatment they give to firangis.

2) The only business in Goa seems to be tourism as each and every Tom, Dick and Harry has a bike of his own to give out on rent.

3) Luckily, I stayed in Royal Palms, so the place where we were staying was great. But outside the hotel, everyone is drunk. It is as if people cannot drive properly without being drunk. IMO being drunk once in a while is okay , but constantly being drunk is bad.

4) Well, the police never catch a firang without a helmet, but we got caught. That made my trip real great. Plus, the person who rented me the bike did not include 2-3 papers in it, so basically it was "500 Rupees ka fatka".

5) My suggestion is that, if you want to go to goa, use a tourist service like Raj Travels or some cheaper local service. That way you wont get too much looted.
[/b]

seshu

Listener
Regulars
^ pls search on the net ; Goa Tourism

Just a suggestion here : disable e-mail hiding from
your profile sothat one may send you required details

I feel that we should not post phone numbers /
addresses of the travel agencies here !