• Thread starter Thread starter Bubu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,049

Bubu

ISP
Sify
Hi
Since yesterday I am not able to receive mail through Outlook Express, though I am able to send mails but not able to receive. Everything was fine and smooth earlier, dunno what happened now.

I am getting this error:-

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com (3)', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I went to a BSNL cybercafe and it worked fine, no problems. Then I went to a
a friend who was under the same sify business associate as mine, and surprisingly the same problem.

Now what should i do, i called my sify customer care and what the heck, a lady picked up the phone was so dumb could not even take my complain.

i have read in some mailing list that some ppl are complaining from 2-3 days abt sify blocking port 22, 143,995 and may be more. so that explains ur problem.

i have read in some mailing list that some ppl are complaining from 2-3 days abt sify blocking port 22, 143,995 and may be more. so that explains ur problem.

So what could be the reason for blocking these ports ? Have they gone nuts !

Any news on unblocking them again.

Ya port 143 for IMAP is also blocked, but thats not so important, all i need is my Gmail to get working like before in my OE.

port 22 is now opened..but other ports 139 is also blocked. sify is messing with net access. keep complaining till matter is solved or just leave sify.

How do you check open or blocked ports ? Do i need a software !Plz tell.

if u know server with particular port running then just telnet to that server on that port. if it connects then port is open else its blocked.

Hey guys. This is a problem with sify not Gmail. Gmail is working properly as far as the pop3 is concerned

oh of course. its sify which has apparently blocked some ports on their servers.

@krish_88when and where did we say its gmail problem?

News:Sify has unblocked thier ports i think, now everything is working just like before.🙂:yahoo😡amish thanks for that telnet info.