girl's skirt length and stock markets mood correlation!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,662
By Andrea Dibben, originally published in the March 2012 Socionomist
Download the Complete Issue (2.2 MB)
The white wedding dress—and its connotation of purity—is a big part of the fairy tale that most brides yearn for on their wedding day. So what prompted the world’s top wedding gown designer to color half her latest collection black?

“I did take it to a witchy kind of place,” Vera Wang told The New York Times. “For me, it helped build a sense of mystery that I was hungry for. And it added this sensuality and sexuality, and a little bit of severity, too.”1

Not Your Grandmother’s Wedding Dress: Vera Wang takes bridal wear to a “witchy kind of place.” (Source: Inofashion)
The spring 2012 season, for which Wang’s noir line was designed, is almost upon us. We will have to wait a few months to learn just how popular the midnight theme has become. But given the ongoing stock market rally at Primary degree, it will surprise us if these gowns have flown off the shelves—yet.

This is not the first time bridal fashions have featured the color black. Shortly after the October 1987 stock market crash, The New York Times reported on bridesmaids suddenly wearing black.2 The Times’ explained that “brides [are] marrying older,” and therefore have older bridesmaids, and older bridesmaids befit black dresses.

But socionomists saw that timing—and this one—as more than coincidental. In The Wave Principle of Human Social Behavior, Robert Prechter noted that “anti-fashion fashions” such as black wedding dresses tend to become more popular during negative mood trends.3

Watch for noir nuptial gowns to become even more tempting if social mood resumes its downward trend. And near the bottom, look for other deviations from long-held wedding traditions.

Androgynous wear, anyone?■

major world markets soon gonna sink like hell:thumbdown::disturbed:

I wonder if people's dressing can cause market failure. 😕

I wonder if people's dressing can cause market failure. 😕

you are SPOT ON ......people's dressing cannot cause the markets failure and markets crash.:smiley-cool06:

but the choosing the "color of the night" as the color of the wedding dress.......tells the over all social mood(which drives the stock markets) has turned down ,and if so, the chosen color now is reflecting the choice of the ppl which has turned to negativity and hence there is STRONG CASE of market melt downs across the globe(except japan,china, India, may be some other economies also)

The significance of the colour back is a subjective matter which is open to interpretation. It is often seen as representing something negative. While there are numerous varied possible reasons, arguably the most universally accepted rationalization is that night, in general, is experienced by people as both negative and dangerous. Another secondary reason is probably that stains are seen to be most noticeable as dark additions to light materials.

This prejudice manifests itself in good vs. bad dualism being linked with white and black. Even today, for instance, the phrase "black day" (or even week or month), is used in reference to sad or tragic times. Another instance would be English heraldry, wherein black signifies darkness, ignorance, misgivings and uncertainty.

Almost everyone has heard of Black magic, the evil kind of magic or a simple blacklist. However, it does hold positive symbolism in places such as 'Black Watch' being the senior Highland Regiment belonging to the British Army.

http://www.blurtit.com/q834360.html

Christian lady always wear white in her wedding and every year thousands of marriage happens.. why not this reflect the mood of society? Only some big celebrity wore black and it decided social mood... No offense but Hazmola please! 😀

who said it was not seen in social mood??? markets were rising , wasnt it??? its not even began a rage till now(the black color gown) as and when social mood turns firmly down.......it will become a rage, its just the starting man......we are still at the peak of the social mood, which will when turn down with no confusion, if here i will show u its effects as it progresses , watch out.........

Christian lady always wear white in her wedding and every year thousands of marriage happens.. why not this reflect the mood of society? Only some big celebrity wore black and it decided social mood...
No offense but Hazmola please! 😀

always celebrities start a trend.......always remember this , after that "new things" becomes a rage. as and when this happens , pls remember not to say at that time , its because of celebrity effect .it will be only because of negative social mood effect. if mood were not to be negative, the trend will never become a "rage".

i appreciated ur questions and ur curiosity..........so here is an irrefutable proof that social mood is the driver of human race's rage and happiness. always remember i only talk when i have proof on paper, or computer or in my mind.

watch this image and if u are unable to see any correlation, every time market was going down before any major event .........i cant help it any more, sorry but if u still dont believe in what i have proof for, its not ur cup of tea.

also see this, with every bull market comes good news and with every bear market comes bad news.......beautiful for a scholar , subject-wise.

and when bad news comes even on top, just like its happening now a days.........it means mother of all bad news's are waiting to be materialize, which would make these bad news's a tiny part of all bad news combined when it all comes alive and gets over.

world(specially america and europe) will soon see a chaos so big that was not seen in last 300 years..........

Lol.. It means you became just cool from too cool for a while.. He he 😀