Gigabit Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 5,370
I think the one you recommended.

I'd suggest an edgerouter X. Pretty solid if you know how to set it up. Can get it in india from various dealers on Indiamart for a price around 4k. I use an edgerouter X, with unifi AP AC lite. Pretty solid connection all around my house.

My mediocre D-Link 2750u streams 4k content over the network without any hiccups, most 4k content can be streamed @ 100Mbps link. But if you want to transfer files from one device to another over your network then you should definitely invest in a router with gigabit ports.

Yes I ordered from the URL Party. For Delhi you can try contacting GoIP Global Services Pvt. Ltd. They are the official reseller of ubiquity products in India as mentioned on the ubiquity website. Their office is in Noida, UP.

Note: As mentioned below Edge router X is just a router. It does only one thing but it does it really well. You will need an access point with it in order to get wi-fi around your house.
Also ubiquity devices are not consumer level devices. So setting them up is not as easy as other wifi-router combo devices which are available in the market. But they offer great control and more features when it comes to networking.

goip | goip.in

Last edited:
edgerouter x is not a wireless router though. just a router. you would need a wireless device in addition to it.

Yes I ordered from the URL Party. For Delhi you can try contacting GoIP Global Services Pvt. Ltd. They are the official reseller of ubiquity products in India as mentioned on the ubiquity website. Their office is in Noida, UP.

Note: As mentioned below Edge router X is just a router. It does only one thing but it does it really well. You will need an access point with it in order to get wi-fi around your house.
Also ubiquity devices are not consumer level devices. So setting them up is not as easy as other wifi-router combo devices which are available in the market. But they offer great control and more features when it comes to networking.

goip | goip.in
Yeah this one is a good Dual WAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't just buy a Gigabit Router with Wireless, it starts at 3k and you can find very good ones over 5k instead of separate router and wireless.
Well it depends on the kind of usage you want. In my home no single router/access point combo was able to offer good enough network coverage (thanks to the thick walls). So rather than investing in two router/wifi combo devices. I am using a single router with two access points across the two ends of my home. For me the cost was almost equivalent to buying two access/router points.
Also a separate router and Access point setup gives you better feature like VLAN tagging (a great boon if you have IOT devices, personal devices and guest devices).

Last edited:
i got the Asus router, i think its very good, ran fire tv stick, phone on wifi all together without any issue,

Only problem was crazy LED lights it has like 5-6 blue ones really bright, which i mange to shut off after reading a review where the person had same issue, no info was avail on manual about it.

Now it seems to be using almost all the time 80% ram..even just 2 device are connected to it..

I have found that in 5GHz there are no devices near my area, so i get full speeds even at places where initially i use to get very little speeds..and pings stay same.

anyone aware how to imput primary and secondary dns in it ?

Source

thanks for recommending this router.. 🙂

on my old TP-Link there was issues.......but for the price of rs 800 and 5 years old model its value for money.