Getting scanned

• Thread starter Thread starter Outlander
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,019
Screenshot:

dont worry much about this!!its common!!even my pc has such intrusion attempts!!almost every pc does!!and the insecure ones are the victims!!

Use Dos Protection: allow
Max Tcp Open Handshaking Count: 100
Max ICMP Count: 100
Max Host Count: 30

This can slow down your P2P programs like utorrent or Frostwire, since they are mistaken as attacks because so many connections are being made. So unless you are getting DoSed, disable DoS protection.

Otherwise your Firewall settings are fine. Save+Reboot the modem for them to take effect.

But in the separate NAT section, UPNP settings shows the status as disabled.

Don't know the modem type and you haven't posted screenshots so who knows.

[*]Get tested at: Shields UP!!™. Test your common ports.

[*]Take remedial actions if they are not stealth.

[*]Since you get scanned by same IPs, scan your computer with Microsoft's own Anti-Malware software. It is quite decent and if you have some malware installed it will remove it.
[/list]

I think the firewall can anyway take of the DOS attacks, so I'll disable the DOS attack protection.The modem is Huawei MT882 SmartAX.I went to the Shields Up site and scanned, done it in the past as well. It shows everything okay, the ports are all stealth.Will try out the Malicious Software Removal Tool.Thanks.

Port scans can happen due to various reason & i think every computer connected to the internet would have to undergo this. more over if you use any of the Torrent clients it happens even more & honestly not something i worry about