• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,799

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Paradoxically my speeds have really gone down for past 2-3days. Rather they should have improved. And the speeds are bad even at night. Interestingly in post cut days, speed was better.The problem seems to be in international bandwidth as speed test from MTNL and Airtel's site gives me 220 KBps full Any body else on MTNL Delhi getting low speeds for past 2-3 days?🙁

try speedtest at speedtest.net and select an overseas server..... let us know what the results are...

phew... i tried exactly the same servers as yours and i am getting pretty consistent speeds (same as my sig) to any intl server i try.... And i guess there should not be any differentiation as such to an intl server or an indian server....other than the ping times....Anyone from Delhi can you replicate and see wether this problem exists???Also this could be a exchange specific problem..... wait for a day and check out replies from Delhi users....

my net sucked last night with sites from Europe and US. Pings to Yahoo and Google both died for like 20 minutes!

par·a·dox /ˈpærəˌdɒks/

1. a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
2. a self-contradictory and false proposition.
3. any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.
4. an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion.
Why do you say paradoxically?

Paradoxically my speeds have really gone down for past 2-3days. Rather they should have improved. And the speeds are bad even at night. Interestingly in post cut days, speed was better.
The problem seems to be in international bandwidth as speed test from MTNL and Airtel's site gives me 220 KBps full
Any body else on MTNL Delhi getting low speeds for past 2-3 days?🙁

Why do you say paradoxically?

Cause he is learning the use of "big" English words.

paradoxically bcoz from 10-11 feb onwards, speeds should have become better bcoz repairs on 2 out of 3 cables were completed. But the reverse happened.So anybody else on MTNL Delhi facing intl bandwidth crisis?????

Guys can u recommend me a good email id for my speed issue? I am pretty sure its an exchange issue or a gateway issue and not for delhi in general? Even from microsoft's site i am just getting 20 KBps even at 2 am

call up 1504..... if possible visit your exchange....also the email ids are floating somewhere in the forums search for 5 mins you'll get it for sure....

Alright them then lets email them tommorow. We have to explain them that its only with intl bandwidth and not national. And its only with this gateway and not all delhi. Maybe they have allotted too less intl bandwidth to this gateway