Getting only 50mbps on Reliance #JioFiber JCO110 (Black) router.

The_PC_Guy

Regulars
On lan I’m getting 100mbps. But on wifi I’m getting 50-55ish.

I thought 2.4ghz is capable of connecting upto 300mbps.

Also, i can’t connect my own router. Can I?
on paper it can do 300 but it really depends on router and the device , distance and many other stuff
my 100$ router does 60-70 and sometimes reaches 100 on few devices but its like a miracle if it does that
but it reaches 400+ mbps on wifi on my mobile while using 5ghz
so my advice if you plan on using wifi in the jio router (my advice don't use it get a proper router) then get the 4.5k one with 5GHZ

Vishal | Chennai

Regulars
@Nikhil Sharma I am using the same router and I also get 40-50Mbps that's normal for a 2.4ghz router. Greater speeds can be achieved on 2.4ghz router but it needs channel bonding and MIMO capabilities on both router and the phone. Mostly interference is the main reason for slow speeds when your neighbours also using same channel number . Channel can be changed in other third party router but not in jio's router.

Last edited:

abhi.m

yeah lol i knew it was an od issue as fiber rarely has problems
But 2500k dual band modem from amazon and connect it with lan cable to your jio modem. You can access full speed in wifi.

D_Dey

Regulars
@abhi.m bro i dont even have a jio connection ,and i already have a dual band gigabit router so if i get jio in the distant future then i will use my current router with it .....abd use the jio router as a modem only .....have a nice day ...

Dhiraj

Regulars
For the first time ever in 1.5 years, today I am seeing Jiofiber's speed as 8 Mbps and almost 0 upload speed.